Home

Adding Mask Support for Trask Head

aadrenter

many of the NPC head models are missing the helpers called Goggle Hook and Mask Hook (since I'm not on my modding computer, I'll assume that is what's wrong with Trask). If you do a search for those terms, as well as making new heads in the tutorials section, you should find a fair amount of threads on the subject.

Here are some to get you started:

How I added Helpers to Revans Cutscene model

Some Concepts on how to Compile Heads

Making new heads (modeling)

KoTOR and TSL HeadFixer

many of the NPC head models are missing the helpers called Goggle Hook and Mask Hook (since I'm not on my modding computer, I'll assume that is what's wrong with Trask). If you do a search for those terms, as well as making new heads in the tutorials section, you should find a fair amount of threads on the subject.

Here are some to get you started:

How I added Helpers to Revans Cutscene model

Some Concepts on how to Compile Heads

Making new heads (modeling)

KoTOR and TSL HeadFixer

Following VP's tutorial I still cannot get the head to load without crashing. I'm positive I'm doing exactly as it says (First supermodel compile, then hex-edit tool) All I've done is add the two headgear helpers and make sure they are properly linked. I just feel like there has got to be something big I'm missing here! Thanks a lot for the help & replies by the way. It is annoying how many heads actually seem to have this problem.

These days, what I would probably do is not follow any one particular tutorial, but instead I'd copy a helper and rename it to Goggle Hook (like in the first link), export the whole model, then use the HeadFixer tool.

I only listed those tutorials as a starting point, there are plenty more when you search the Forums. Here are some additional important threads:

New Head (Zabraak Style) (was: euh...)

miro42's Adding Geometry

These days, what I would probably do is not follow any one particular tutorial, but instead I'd copy a helper and rename it to Goggle Hook (like in the first link), export the whole model, then use the HeadFixer tool.

That's pretty much it, although if you try to recompile some heads with danglymeshes you may run into some problems (with the danglymeshes themselves, that is).

Archived