Which console are you buying?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Which console are you buying?

• GameCube
    • X-Box
    • PlaySation2
    • Others, none, more then one, etc

Guest Tie Guy

I prefer the ps2. Just pick it up and you can feel the power in it. It is suprisingly heavy for such a small box. Plus, it has a big expansion bay in the back that can be used to add RAM, a hard-drive, or some other enhancement features. As you see, it also has 2 ISB ports for things like mice and keybpards and PC connections, i don't see those on the others. And it also plays DVDs, which gamecube doesn't.

And finally, it is the sole owner of the Final Fantasy series. If for nothing else (and ther is alot more) the ps2 would be good for that purpose only.

Guest Boba Rhett

Yeah but you fail to see the point of the consoles. Not that they play dvds or have bays so you can spend more money on them but the games they have.

Also, AotC games will be coming to GC. :p

Nice HUGE pic Jackal :)

Anyway, I have the ps2 and I'm gonna get the GC (there are a couple of games on it that I want). I WILL NOT buy the XBOX!

what kinda loser would vote for x box

i think x box will b a good console bcause it has the hardware but it will not b a great console because i dought the ability of microsoft to create a great console there first try and it wouldnt have the classics like mario for gc and crash bandicoot for ps2 so im for game cube all the way

I voted for X-box......

In the end, its the games that make the console (look at PS2, a year now and there still no good game *Dives for cover* ;) )

with Microsoft very impressive line up of games, there who I am voting for........I still thing that the nintendo 8 bit was the greatest console ever.....but after the lack lust preformance of the N64......

While the Gamecube's line-up is good......X-box's line-up is nothing short of huge :)

Feel free to show my ignorance of the Gamecube though :D

Guest Tie Guy
Originally posted by Boba Rhett

Yeah but you fail to see the point of the consoles. Not that they play dvds or have bays so you can spend more money on them but the games they have.

Thats why i said AND plays DVD's. I knew you were gonna say that and so i listed other good things first and put DVD's at the end. Still, you can't say that having a DVD player is a bad thing, anyway you look at it, it is a plus.

Guest Tie Guy
Originally posted by JEDI_MASTA

the origional nintendo will always b the best console

Actually, gameboy is, if you count that as a console. Not only is it plain awesome, but it has sold more copies than any other console/entertainment system.

Originally posted by Boba Rhett

I know this has been posted before. But since the X-Box and

*runs away before Jackal hits him with his shoe*

Strange that you say that. I allways seem to imagine me throwing a shoe at a teacher. I just dont know why.

I played the PlayStation2 and Dreamcast at a friends. (rented it). All we have to say is: meh

That same friend just reserved the GameCube today. Silly him bought the indigo (purple) console. I insisted on the jet black one but NO! He said after all he's paying for it. Psh! I got him that job that pays for the system. I should have a say as to everything he buys! :D:rolleyes::p

notice the bad english grammar. It shows I think in french

Originally posted by TheJackal

Strange that you say that. I allways seem to imagine me throwing a shoe at a teacher. I just dont know why.

I played the PlayStation2 and Dreamcast at a friends. (rented it). All we have to say is: meh

That same friend just reserved the GameCube today. Silly him bought the indigo (purple) console. I insisted on the jet black one but NO! He said after all he's paying for it. Psh! I got him that job that pays for the system. I should have a say as to everything he buys! :D:rolleyes::p

notice the bad english grammar. It shows I think in french

HAHA! Rhett edited your post :p

Anyway, what games did you play with the ps2 and Dreamcast?

Guest Darth_Nixon42

Well, the GC for sure.

The graphics are equal to the x-box, it dosnt look like a friggin double size VCR, it has nice shapely controlers, and a line up of the most some of the most amazing games i have ever seen.

I CANT wait for rougue2, or resident evil,or smash bros',so on and so on.

BTW, i would like to personally laugh in the face to those who bought a playstation for $799! Oh wait, how much did it cost in America, thats how much i cost in Aus.

Furthermore, People living in the states, you should know that when the cube comes out this november, we will probably still not know when it comes out in Australia!

Better be out for christmas..... *sob*

Originally posted by TheJackal

No that was me. I edited it like 4 times.

Suuuurrrreee :)

But anyway, you didn't answer my question :( What games did you play for the Dreamcast and Ps2?

Originally posted by Kvan

Suuuurrrreee :)

But anyway, you didn't answer my question :( What games did you play for the Dreamcast and Ps2?

I have a habit to skip some posts. Sorry

I have played TwistedMetal Black. Hum, Craxy Taxi. StarFighter. Lets see... what else.

Good games but no replay value like most Nintendo games have.

Guest Darth_Nixon42

hey, Link Antilles, is that $1000 u.s.?

By the way, has any one seen the new Zelda on GC, looks weird.....

But the big "N" have always know what they are doing :D

I have to end my life if its not........

Guest Sherack Nhar
Originally posted by Link Antilles

I think PS2 cost $300. Did the price every change? ( I don't know, I've never liked sony.)

I know someone who bought a PS2 for $1000!

GC will rule!

Sony said they will not lower the price of their PS2 until next year. They said that the upcoming competition from MS and Nintendo are nothing to worry about right now, and that PS2 will still be king of 2001.

Which kinda makes sense, since the consoles won't be out till november. Still I would've liked Sony to lower their pricing, in order to compete with the 100$ cheaper Gamecube.

I remember the launch of the PS2: a smart guy bought one at a store as soon as it came out and then sold it on Ebay. The price went up to 3000$, and someone BOUGHT IT!

Also, there's a girl who thought she was buying a PS2 on Ebay for 200$, but it was only the BOX!

Guest Luke Skywalker

Personnaly I will be buying the game cube for 4 reasons.

1) Its cheaper

2)I hate Microsoft

3)Theres alot of games on the release date.

4) The Matrix will be on it as well as every other system. And even though the XBOX version will have more features the GC version will cost less.

Guest Tie Guy
Originally posted by Sherack Nhar

I remember the launch of the PS2: a smart guy bought one at a store as soon as it came out and then sold it on Ebay. The price went up to 3000$, and someone BOUGHT IT!

My cousins bought 2, and sold one for $600, they actually made $300 AND got a PS2.

Guest Luke Skywalker

Did you know that Mirosoft is promoting 3 different levels of sales.

1)you get a controller and console- 400 bucks or whatever the official price is

2)you get 2 controllers, console, and dvd remote 150 more than the offical price

3)you get everything above plus 3 games and a whole lot of crap(theres only one game on release, there goes M$ intelligence rating again) and it costs over 1000$ US retail. OMG!!

Ill try to get the exact fiqures for you all.

Archived