Home

[KOTOR] Blade Colour change for MotF & HotG

Perveboy

My search for Shem's different colours for the Heart of the Guardian and the Mantle of the Force crystals has sadly ended with no results. So before I take the plunge and start attempting it myself, I was wondering if anyone experienced would be willing to have a crack first?

The mod is two fold, first Heart of the Guardian becomes the cyan colour that mantle of the Force is by default, and MotF becomes a viridian colouration.

Nothing more than that! :)

There are a couple of different ways to tackle this, but the easiest is a simple texture override. Try these:

_Saber_Crystal_HOTG_Cyan.7z"]HOTG _Saber_Crystal_MOTF_Viridian.7z"]MOTF

I wasn't really sure what you wanted for the viridian. I know there have been a few different mods for viridian of varying hues over the years, but I just tried to approximate the colour of the TSL one.

Dude thank you so much for the quick turn around on that! I honestly thought it would be weeks before someone kind enough did that.

I've other hilt mods installed, Sabers of the Republic and another that modifies the hilt of MotF. What can I do to make them compatible?

Overrides of the original textures won't be compatible obviously. You'll need to pick one in that case.

If you are using a custom hilt mod that uses a custom blade texture and you want to replace that, you'll need to rename the blade texture I supplied (w_lsabreturq01.tga in the case of MOTF) to the appropriate filename the mod in question uses. I'm not familiar with Sabers of the Republic, so I can't give you specifics.

Archived