Home

I wonder whether I've broken something...

Flint_A

Hi guys. I wanted to play as a Jedi from the start for my second playthrough. I was lazy, so I just Googled "kotor jedi mod" and used the first result that wasn't on FileFront.(FileFront doesn't work outside the US.) That was this: http://www.nexusmods.com/kotor/mods/1/?

Everything was going well. I was using Prototype Vibroblade in my main hand and the short lightsaber the mod gave me in my off-hand. Today, when I loaded my game, my hands were empty and there was no Prototype Vibroblade in my inventory. I shrugged and kept going. I put Mission's Vibroblade in my main hand, short lightsaber in my off, moved on.

Then when I changed areas from Dantooine Courtyard to Matale Grounds, the game said "items lost". Mission's Vibroblade disappeared(Feedback confirmed) and the short lightsaber switched to my main hand. I got angry. I figured the mod must me forcing the lightsaber into my hand somehow.

So in my anger I struck down the mod and deleted everything in the override folder. Then I kept playing. So far it seems like the game is working fine. When I loaded and switched areas again, the blade did not disappear.

My question is, how likely is this action to break something? I mean deleting the files halfway and continuing with the game. The mod is supposed to change only the start, I think. But I haven't officially become a Jedi yet in the story, so...

Should I keep going? Should I do a fresh install and start over with the same mod and/or another mod? Help me LucasForums, you're my only hope.

Correction: FileFront does not work most of the time in Middle Eastern and most Asian countries. As they don't make much money from ads, they've seriously limited if not completely removed their bandwidth towards these areas.

And I like my Jedi status...

Archived