Home

MI2 RULES. I want 3D MI2 with voices WHO's WITH ME??

Vai-Man

Guest The Feral Chicken

I brought up this topic MONTHS ago, but I changed my mind after someone realized something; can you imagine the bonedance with speech?!?!

------------------

That's the second chicken I've ever seen! What with me being a pirate and all. I don't see many chickens in my line of work.

What? Stop looking at me like that!

chickena2.gif

Ok Ok I see your points about 3D...But I'm not suggesting we have a repeat performance of MI4.

The way I see it MI5 will be a long time comming so they have plenty of time to IMPROVE the 3D dramatically. Possibly with an entirly new game engine, not borrowed of grim fandango or anything. Anyway it wasn't like the rendered backgrounds are bad, I love them (especially the diving rock). Its just the TRUE 3D that needs revising.

I don't think that making MI4 3D was at the expence of the atmosphere unique to monkey games. Do You??

I don't think anyone should change LCR a bit. It was a masterpiece. The backgrounds were very well done. The jokes were very funny, but I don't think they'd be any funnier with a voice actor. (Although I'll admit that Dominic Armato is perfect for Guybrush.) We don't go back and think of how we could change the Mona Lisa, Hamlet or Citizen Kane. OK, I know you can't compare LCR to any of these, but they are all classics in their respective arts. I really believe that LCR is an undeniable classic, just like the works of art I just mentioned and therefore we should give it the same amount of respect. I know if the game was remade today it would definately look different with the new technology and all, but LCR was a great game and will remain with that status for the history of graphic adventures and I wouldn't want to change it a bit.

------------------

Oh there's a monkey in my pocket/And he's stealing all my change/His stare is blank and glassy/I suspect that he's deranged.

• 2 weeks later...

>I don't think that making MI4 3D was at the expence of the atmosphere unique to monkey games. Do You??

No, I think that having producers who wanted to make a /Sierra/ game was at the expence of the atmosphere unique to monkey games. (+2)

• 3 weeks later...

I want to see MI2 CMI style! OH YES! and of course with some new easter eggs and extras... I'd buy it RIGHTAWAY...

who's with me for a release of the bundle ( SMI, MI2 and CMI ) all CMI-stylized? Hand-drawn again? VOICE-ACTED?!?!?!

Wow I'd be in heaven...

------------------

monkeyisl4.gif

yah, i would like to hear SOME voices, but in emi4 you hear them all anyways, so, i dunno. as for 3d, i find it really annoying... i dont know why, i just do. i love these old games, like mi, cmi and even stuff like commander keen, it's nifty. i just hate the stupid sounds. makes me go INSANE! smile.gif

------------------

----

Frenchy

----

"Nice Styrofoam Head."

`Guybrush Threepwood

[This message has been edited by Frenchyd (edited January 30, 2001).]

Nononononono. Not 3D. But voices would be great. Dom would fit the MI2 GB perfectly. The CMI style is great, but so is the LCR style. I say: Keep it as it is. What that would be really great is the same kind of good story as in MI2. The SMI story was the first one of course, so it couldnt be bad. MI2 was just better, and I also like the CMI story. But the EMI story is not good. It doesnt make enough sense. MI3 style with MI2 story would be brilliant. And that is what most of you say here anyway, so I agree.

------------------

Guybrush: Do you know anything about lifting curses?

Murray: Oh Yeah, I know a lot about lifting curses.

That is why I am a disembodied talking skull, sitting on top of a pike, in the middle of a swamp.

Guybrush: You seem bitter.

Murray: I'm sorry it's been a rough day.

Archived