Home

Was anyone else horribly let down by MI3?

Marc-OS

How can you say that monkey Island 3 sucked. It was the best in graphics - MI1 and 2 had crap graphics, and MI4 is 3D but really sort of blocky. Therefore MI3 is the best and it had all the best characters (Haggis McMutton, Lemonhead, Murray)

------------------

cutter

Marc-OS, I can see why you think CMI sucked after playing SMI and LCR, and while compared to those two games I think CMI is below both in terms of quality, but what I don't understand is why you think EMI is better than CMI. I, for one, enjoyed the humor and silliness of CMI much more than EMI. For me, EMI was a big let down and a disappointment. I thought all the jokes were leaning towards childness, for a lot of it looked like slapstick to me. All the jokes created by the Elaine and Guybrush relationship weren't funny at all and the ending really disappointed me. The story was going good until you easily beat LeChuck and Mandrill and then everything is super again.

Nevertheless, I still respect your opinion and would like to know why you hold it.

(CMI had Dinghy Dog and the "Monkey in My Pocket" song after all)

------------------

Oh there's a monkey in my pocket/And he's stealing all my change/His stare is blank and glassy/I suspect that he's deranged.

Guest The Feral Chicken

Lemonhead was in MI1, cslade.

------------------

That's the second chicken I've ever seen! What with me being a pirate and all. I don't see many chickens in my line of work.

What? Stop looking at me like that!

f_md_wht.gife_md_wht.gifr_md_wht.gifa_md_wht.gifl_md_wht.gif

CMI didn't feel the same because it wasn't led by Ron Gilbert as SMI and LCR were. The addition of voices in CMI probably gave a new feeling too. Still, it's a great game. My favorite part is when you are in the Goodsoup crypt and you can look through the hole and end up in the stump from EMI!

------------------

Oh there's a monkey in my pocket/And he's stealing all my change/His stare is blank and glassy/I suspect that he's deranged.

• 3 weeks later...

CMI was really good and funny and full of Monkeyish atmosphere but...

-it was TOO short! ( it was so good I could have played it trough twice as long! )

-it was TOO easy! ( I completed it in a week, with the Mega-Monkey mode; I didn't even play the easier version... )

-the ending was cut down to silly nothingness ( I was expecting much more but LucasArts cut the ending to MINIMUM... if comparing to MI2's ending this ending literally... lets you down )

but overally CMI is an experience NOT TO BE MISSED.. I wasn't let down because of the game, but the lenght, difficulty and ending.

But everything minute of play was wonderful...

• 2 weeks later...

Originally posted by Dinghy Dog:

CMI didn't feel the same because it wasn't led by Ron Gilbert as SMI and LCR were. The addition of voices in CMI probably gave a new feeling too. Still, it's a great game. My favorite part is when you are in the Goodsoup crypt and you can look through the hole and end up in the stump from EMI!

Yeah, and when you walk into the water and see yourself dead.

Anyway I think CMI was a great game, not as good as SMI or LCR but still great, the only thing I didn't like was the last part

------------------

storken2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived