Home

Stuck doing duels.

HelenW

Please can somebody give me a hint on how to beat the dueling barber. We have gone to have a duel but he keeps beating me. I have tried tampering with the pistols but that does not work, unless I don't have the right item.

Also how do I beat Haggis. Again, I have tried tampering with the logs with glue etc but this is obviously not the right thing to do.

Please can I have some hints.

haggis:

you might want to throw a more LIGHT tree,examine some trees in the nearby area smile.gif

Van Helgen:

close the pistol boxes and choose the banjo, you'l figure out what to do.

------------------

668sig.jpg?mtbrand=AOL_UK

~ if you rewind, you can hear Satan singing a duet with Ricky martin~

[This message has been edited by NiKo (edited August 25, 2001).]

Thanks for the hint. I have now got van helgan to join my crew, but whilst trying to figure out how to cut down rubber tree (I think thats what I have to do) I have got sidetracked and ended up in quicksand. I have done some of the puzzle but I dont know what to do next, I have tried everything and I can't move. So far I have got the paperweight tied to the helium balloon and blown it so that it is now resting by the tree/lifesaving vine. I guess I have to get it to come back?? but I don't know how. Please help.

well. you just need the balloon to somehow explode and dropp the paperwright.

you need something from your inventory and something from near the quicksand in order to compleete the mission smile.gif

------------------

668sig.jpg?mtbrand=AOL_UK

~ if you rewind, you can hear Satan singing a duet with Ricky martin~

Have you managed to get into Blondbeard's restaurant and figure out what's wrong with the very quiet patron yet?

If not, then you're not ready to beat Haggis in the caber toss.

------------------

brief.gif

"I'm barely holdin' on meself, lads... This wind--She's the devil's own!"

--Haggis McMutton, The Curse of Monkey Island

Archived