Home

Which one is the longest and the best? Escape from monkey island or Grim Fandango?

Mr X

Grim Fandango is about 5 times better. Not more...maybe less. EMI has some obscure puzzles...but the dialouge and the other puzzles are great! Its most certainly a good game.

But grim was a master piece. A story thgat fit it so well it was scary...the best voice-overs a game has ever had, and some of the best puzzles in existance.

Both are worth it, but if you could only have one, get Grim...oh yeah, its longer too.

Guest El Pollo Diablo

Grim Fandango may seem longer when it actually isn't its just that all the places are so far away you spend all your time running around in circles.

BTW. Grim fandango doesn't have a storyline to follow, EFMI does have to follow a story line and you can't change the story to suit what you want.

------------------

grumble, bleedin, grumble, americans/canadians/Aussies

Madre de Dios es El Pollo Diablo - Captain Blondbeard

Translated - Mother of God the Chicken Devil

Guest C Shutt

Escape from MI doesn't even compare to Grim Fandango. Grim Fandango was a work of art, it was original, it had beautiful graphics, and it was superbly acted.

EMI is an amateurish piece of crap. The dialogue is badly written, the graphics are just plain ugly, the storyline is terrible and most of the puzzles follow no logic at all.

If you need any proof that El Pollo Diablo is incapable of being objective, it's in his ridiculous claim that Grim Fandango isn't longer than EMI. Grim is much longer, this isn't opinion, it's a solid fact.

Guest El Pollo Diablo

I am a brit and i haven't played EFMI but i have played Grim and all i said was that Monkey Island is a series each one must follow on or it doesn't make sense.

BTW. Your right You could write a book on Grim

------------------

[This message has been edited by El Pollo Diablo (edited November 12, 2000).]

Guest C Shutt

Escape from MI had a better storyline than Grim? That is a joke, right?

------------------

"You want me?

Fucking well come and find me,

I'll be waiting,

With a gun and a pack of sandwiches."

-Talk Show Host, Radiohead.

I loved Grim Fandango because I felt like home. It was very cultural and I enjoyed the graphics but it was very long. The storyline was good but it wasn't funny. Escape from Monkey Island is very funny and I enjoyed the characters. But if I had to chose one, I would probably pick Monkey Island because it made me laugh.

Guest C Shutt

EMI isn't in the least bit funny. What pas<em></em>ses as "humour" is nothing but an endless succession of crap puns and in-jokey references to the first three games.

[This message has been edited by C Shutt (edited November 13, 2000).]

Guest El Pollo Diablo

Grim Fandango is great an i'm not denying that i'm just saying that EFMI has a previous background storyline (E.g. From the previous 3 games) where GF can just pick up a new story and develope it.

I mean it would be strange to play EFMI and find that it doesn't fit with any of the other games wouldn't it?

------------------

Grim Fandango ****s all over EMI. It has cl*** and a style that MI can only dream about. Seriously, anyone who thinks that EMI is better than GF must be baseing those thoughts from the demo, not the full game, cause anyone with any taste would like GF over EMI. EMI tries to force a joke or a pun into every single line, whereas GF humour seems effortless.

Probadly you can call me to be quite because I just started to play EMI, but I do feel that its dissapointing if you're one of those who waited for a few years for the game. The jokes are pretty good, but not half as good as Grim's and previous MI titles.

The game is fine for its puzzles so far, but the humour is lost. BUT however, EMI is still good with its puzzles. No doubts about it..

[This message has been edited by Chuck (edited November 14, 2000).]

EMI was so over-hyped though. I think that if EMI came out of nowhere, everyone would have appreciated it a whole lot more.

Grim Fandango was an original, and yes it was a masterpiece. Everything about that game fit beautifully. (Except that frigging elevator in Manny's office. That was quite annoying smile.gif)

------------------

Rage. What better time than now?

• 1 month later...

Um, hello. I think that if I had a choice of either EFMI or GF I'd pick GF. I mean, I like them both, but I think GF moved me like no game ever has! It had a fantastic story, great film noir characters, wonderful humour, and graphics that are just as good as EFMI! I love them both, but Grim Fandango rules!!!!!!!!! biggrin.gif

Grim fandango!! its more mature to! like for example, my dad once walken in my room while i was playing GF, he was stunned! he looked at the screen for 3 minutes and i actually caught him playing it once when i came home from school biggrin.gif !!! and when he saw i bought EMI he just looked at the cover, and said: is this the same company that mede grim? this looks like a piece of ****( i put the asterix)

------------------

n_md_clr.gifi_md_clr.gifk_md_clr.gifo_md_clr.gif

[This message has been edited by NiKo (edited January 01, 2001).]

Archived