Home

Maul vs. Vader part 2

Guest Khameir_Sarin

Guest Khameir_Sarin

Sorry about making a new one, its just i hate going through so many pages to find my reply (i cant merorize what page i put my posts)PLEASE DONT FLAME ME, THIS IS MY PERSONAL OPINION, NOTHING YOU CAN DO WILL CHANGE IT! Heres my opinion-

Do you see AT-ST's doing flips and jumping in the air? No, technology isnt that advanced in star wars, so lets see- Maul in light, easy to use garbs, or Vader, in a large, heavy metalic suit.HMMMMMMMMM...

Also, If youve read any stories about Maul, it says that Maul was already able to advance to Sith Master, its just that he was loyal to his master and wouldnt advance until Sidious would have died. It also says that Maul was very strong in the force, and used it perfectly.

It also was stated that a double bladed light saber was VERY EXTREMLY HARD TO USE. Yet Maul perfected it. Do you see Vader using one? Then how could he be more skilled than Maul? "He didnt choose to" is incorrect, any Sith would love the chance to 'CHEAT' (you see Maul doing it all the time, w/ all the punches and kicking) Yet it also states in Maul's story that he was very strong to Sith Traditions and followed them closly. So, isnt it good to use double-bladed lightsaber, since it is Sith tradition to "cheat". Why doesnt Vader cheat? Its ok in Sith traditions!!!!

And personally i have to add, plz dont falme me, I like Vader, just not as much as Maul, so dont think im against all you Vader lovers, Vader is cool!

But i have to say, all this is realy unrealistic. If Vader found Maul they wouldnt fight. Think- 2 of the greatest Siths TOGETHER! What a glorious team!

:vadar: + :dmaul3: = No :ben:

Guest Khameir_Sarin

OH YAH Good point. Your right there. he could have switched to Sith though, he had the oportornity (bad spelling) to switch though

But you must also realize that Maul was also a Jedi first (uo to age 12)Well, at least he was a Jedi in training...

(note in this post i didnt yell at him/her, i agreed) Plz no flaming!

Originally posted by JEDI_MASTA

dude i think the reason vader didnt use a double blades was because he was trained as a jedi first maybe he just felt more comfortable with a single blade

I think he uses the single blade because he likes it better...he might not like a HUGE object always ubstructing himself. The smaller your weapon the best chance of getting into the small places. The Doub;e Lightsaber is a large and unwieldy weapon. For some it is just too cumbersome...Maul and Kun made that bad choice...It looks cool, but it isn't all that effective.

The only reason he killed Qui-Gon with it was because Qui-Gon wasn't used to the wierd fighting style...Maul had been practicing against single blades all his life...

Guest Admiral Odin

The way I see it is this (a little different form my other post)

The dual lightsaber/staff is not cheating just a different choice of weapons. For instance. I sleck a bastard sword and another person selects a great sword. We have a duel. There is no cheating because of different weapon choice.

Now about the force. Vader/Anikin if you remember has the strongest force ablity of anyone around except for perhaps Luke. Unlike Maul, Vader is a dark lord of the Sith. Means he is a master and Maul is an apprentice.

Cheating negats themselve as both would use it. Also Vader's armor seems to protect him a little from lightsabers ( I remember Luke hitting Vader's side and not going all the way through his amror)

Now on to fighting styles. We really can't let the movies show us the skill of the fighters persay. With the movies time constraints, technology placed limits on what the actors could do.

Back to weapons again. While Maul had a lightstaff, Vader had a lightsaber that could vary in length. This can give him the edge in combat. Once both sides of Mauls lighstaff are extended then that is it. Vader can change length at will.

The last thing I have to say.

:vadar: = death to all :ben: by himself. :maul: = killed by a :ben:

Archived