Home

Gaber et all: boost unit building speed !!

Paragon_Leon

Hi Gaber and team,

if you haven't gone gold yet, here's one thing you might want to look at that seriously affects the speed of gameplay: the unit building-speed !! Is it my imagination, or is it a lot slower that AOE ? I built Stormtroopers and waited ages before i could actually fend off or mount an attack.. In AOK, it was possible to have 10 units built in about 10 minutes; here you don't even have half that amount !!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dr_death

more power cores dont help, o and lean there are upgrades which will enable some units to be produced faster.

" Don't i feel stupid now... " lol:)

power cores is a radical departure from AOK, which is why i forgot about them in my first game.

now i can pump out armies within minutes by building multiple barracks in a star-formation around a power core...

great stuff..

i want to try and work on a troops-only strategy now..

Guest Tie Guy
Originally posted by Paragon_Leon

i want to try and work on a troops-only strategy now..

Well, good luck trying to destroy buildings then. You better take a few pummels in as well.

Guest dlayers

About the only troop strategy I've seen that is effective is using them to destroy workers.

They really don't have enough Hitpoints to be that effective.

Unless you are counting jedi/bhunters...but I was assuming you where talking about the ones built in troop centers.

Guest WC_heavyarms

It can be pulled off. You would simply use mounted troops to take down buildings, and normal troopers to guard them, grenades for mechs, and anti air... well, i'll let you figure it out. Only one problem, fortresses, you will need pummels. ANd lots of troops would be needed.

Archived