Home

Call for Mappers, Artists, and Programmers

Kumba

We're coming along good but in order to get this done in a reasonable time we're gonna need more mappers, artists, and programmers. If you think you got the skills it takes give us a ring : applications@wiredlampstudios.com

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I'm currently mapping for the star trek voyager: elite force Operation TakeOver mod. I am interested in doing some mapping for JKII too. I can't show you any maps since all my mapping is currently for OT, but if you want me to make a certain concept as an application, let me know. Here are some screenshots of stuff I work on for OT :

http://ot.gamesweb.com/shots/firstlooks/firstlook_2.jpg http://ot.gamesweb.com/shots/maps/as_alien1/as_alien_1.jpg http://unikorn.phidji.com/screenshots/base.jpg

[ August 13, 2001: Message edited by: UniKorn ]

Hmm... I have a little HL mapping expirience, but I haven't touched any of the Q3 bezier mesh curves or anything. Who knows, if you can't find anyone else I might help out. :) Also, do you need someone to do some sound FX work? I'm kinda handy with GoldWave and other stuff, but again, nuttin' special. :)

And what city? Hmm... We probably don't want to be cramped up in a city setting the whole time, and HL did a good job of keeping you outside at some points, but the desert is overused... The city also has to make sense of where a military operation would be and it would also have to be close to a place of transport like a body of water or whatever. Maybe Chicago? NYC is very much overused, so I wouldn't go with that. Seattle could also be very cool. Wait, that might work, especially with some Seattle rain effects (which are already gonna be in JK, right?).

And also, is Wired Lamp Studios planning on using something to replace the saber, or just have all guns?

Haven't said much in a while so I figured I might as well touch on what bsbuckeye21 said. Much of the game will take place in the enormous SofTec skyscraper. SofTec is a corporation that makes weaponry and vehicles. They are not a military establishment or affiliated with the government in any way. They do, however, have highly trained security guards throughout the building.

You may think of the SofTec building as boring after a while, but I assure you that the building has MANY different parts that you will explore. Each area has a different look(for example, the infirmary will not look like the Griffon branch) and some will require you to think about certain obstacles. Although only a few have been added at this point, I will go back through the story and add many more scripted sequences to enhance gameplay later.

The game will NOT take place entirely in the SofTec building, but at least a third of it will. As for the other two thirds, that's classified information. Later.

Archived