Home

The look and design of the levels...

MovieFan

It has been said that the JK2 will be build on a "Modified Quake 3" engine but in my opinion from what I have seen on the net ie: pictures, that the look of the environments look more like a TC than a whole new look of the old engine.Have they got far enough (Raven) to make the game a great stand alone game or just another mod?

It's kind of good in a way that Raven arent telling us too much about the game and showing videos. Because then you get so hyped up about it, but know you have to wait a whole frigging year!! This way i'm kinda keeping my expectations down a bit, not trying to get to excited cos waiting for the game...can lead...to click click ...unpleasant side-effects :mad::D:eek:

That can be annoying. Like right now i wanna play MOHAA real bad cos of all the videos EA have released. That game looks to be amazingly fun. But we gotta wait another whole 4 months...shudder.

I think those screens give us good view of different architectures/textures that closely resemble halls and hangars aboard Star Destroyer and Death Star, so I wouldn't call them lame... ;) Of course levels shown in them are still far from completed, but Raven have at least captured excellently the familiar look of imperial structures.

[ October 20, 2001: Message edited by: Lord_FinnSon ]

Guest Home_Sliced

There are two small screens (in the PC Gamer article) of more "completed" areas in terms of world geometry. They both look about on par with Elite Force. There's also a very sweet looking one of an air shaft; lots of yummy curved surfaces. :) Based on how design with the Q3 engine works, they very well may be doing a rough cut of the entire game (layout and major geometry), then going back and adding in all the detail.

[ October 21, 2001: Message edited by: Home_Sliced ]

I'm hoping that some of that detail may actually be objects that you can slice with your lightsaber.

I agree that some of the architecture in some screenshots looks a bit simple, but I'm sure all of that will change by the time we get the final game.

For any city levels, I hope they use the Baron's Hed level as something to improve upon. As for known locations, such as Cloud City and the Jedi Academy, I hope they try to remain faithful to the movies in terms of architecture and lighting.

Archived