Home

creative uses for a light saber...

toms

hey, i finally got around to reading some of those starwars novels people were talking about a while ago. Not that impressed to be honest...but i did like the way timothy zahn used the light saber in creative ways (knocking down arches of STs, cutting down draps onto noghri, even swinging it on a vine. It would be nice if they stuck a few creative opportunities in the game, if you spotted them. And not just as game-progressing puzzles.

read the starwars novel too...interesting to see what the idea was like before they made the film..and what got changed.

oh, and it was nice that his stormtroopers were actually well trained shock troops (with the JK "Commandos" as the less experienced troops) to be feared. Of course they were pretty crap in the movies...but they were almost always taken by surprise by heroes with a destiny. In the straight up battles they kicked ass (except against ewoks..but we won't mention that...)

it would be nice if they used proper formations and flanking maneuvers.

Opening cans of whoop ass.

I'm sorry that was untriumphant.

[Edit- There are plenty of words you can use to express what you did that don't discriminate against someone's sexual preference at the same time, so I picked another for you temporarily.]

[ September 26, 2001: Message edited by: Krayt Tion ]

Shaving...

Which reminds me, I hope the JK2 team pays homage to that somehow in JK2. Will the female characters get to shave their legs or something too?

Kurgan

Yeah, taunts would be good. How about an All-For-One, One-For-All crossing of blades for teams? ;)

As for creative uses...I want to be able to cut holes in some walls, and use them to snipe through.

Or cut a tree down to cross a chasm.

Or cut through a walkway and send pursuers plummeting into oblivion. I remember some Half-Life walkways could be destroyed.

Guest Krayt Tion

Jolts- untriumphant it is.

Taunts would rock. Thinking of rune here, those were great. It might be a little strange to find your lightside jedi taunting though.

PCG says: "One time I used [my lightsaber] to cut the support cables holding up a drawbridge over a chasm, giving me a way to cross."

It appears that if they don't plan for something to be cut in a specific area, designating that object X in location Y is allowed to be destroyed, that it just can't be cut. You'll probably just leave scorch marks of some kind. You might be able to improvise with the environment while fighting, but only where they want to you to. That would be my guess, anyways. :\ I agree with TomS, they should put many things in the game we can cut that aren't just there for level advancement.

[ September 26, 2001: Message edited by: Krayt Tion ]

I think they should use the sabre handle as a club for knocking people upside the head. And you should be able to chuck at people turned off, and you should be able to eat steak with it, and you should be able to clip you nails with it, and you should be able to ask out hot alien babes with it, and gamble with it....make sweet love to it, I mean um...

I'd like to see taunts, sure. Rune's were fun, but I'd like to see audio taunts (a la MotS, UT) as long as we have the option to disable "auto taunts" in addition to "animated" taunts; not to mention text taunt macros.

Which reminds me, people have gotten really annoying in rune lately, spamming the same line of text over and over. Thankfully this usually gives you a chance to get a free hit on them (serves 'em right). ; )

Kurgan

Archived