Home

Live action or completely CG cutscenes?

Darth Vaux

Hi all!

JKII.net's own unofficial FAQ sez it's going all 'in engine' for cutscenes, theres still voice work to be done by voice actors though like Denise sez.

I heard their going to get the guy that played Kyle in JK to do the voice work for him again, any word on that?

[ November 19, 2001: Message edited by: Frosty_Ver2.0 ]

No word as yet...and welcome to the forums, Frosty. :D

Hmmm...methinks we've discussed cutscenes before. ;) It might be worth you reading some older threads to see what some regulars had to say on the subject.

A summary of my POV...it needs to be dynamic, use fast-switching cameras, lots of action, facial expressions are a must...pretty much an emulation of JK's cutscenes, if they can do it in-engine.

Well, I can hope... :)

It was good, and amazed me because at the time i was new to PCs, so you can imagine what the effect the graphics had on me after i had never really played pc games much.

These days i prefer in game cutscenes like those of Elite Force. They allow the game to flow much more smoothly and you never get taken away from the game play. With updated graphics engine they should be real good :)

Those days FMV was in and JK's were pretty good for those days, my trusty old P-133 couldn't handle the FMV's without skipping and blurred movement and sound, but even bout a year later when I got a new rig I thought those FMV scene's were great.

FMV would still be cool but the acting shows their kinda nervous and slightly embarressed bout doing game cutscenes(actors).

FMV will not be in JK2...unless LEC/Raven are on a campaign of misinformation, which I doubt.

The problem with FMV is the cost - I believe there were some concerns over the budget used on the original JK, because the FMV cost a fortune.

Keep in mind that JK2 probably really started development because Obi-Wan was ported to X-Box, and they wanted to keep the hardcore fans happy. So they probably did not allow a significant budget - certainly not enough for FMV.

In-engine cut scenes are fine by me...as long as they make them action-packed. Seeing the characters just stand there spouting information at you is pretty dull.

I want to see some action, with movie-quality editing to cut between cameras, get close-ups etc. If they can manage that, I'll be happy. ;)

Archived