Home

What will I need to play JK II

Guest JediKnight_114[b]

Guest JediKnight_114[b]

My computer has only the built in graphics accelerator that can barely handle X-Wing Alliance, which is my most high tech game I have right now, so for JKII, I know I'll need something with a bit more punch. So, what do you guys think I'll need to play JKII?

In this weeks Best Buy ad, there is one on sale for $99.99. Here's what it is: 64MB GeForce2 MX400 PCI Graphics Card. Features 256-bit 2D and 3D graphics acceleration and a 350MHz Ramdac processor. Produces up to 800 million texels per second.

You guys think that will run it, or will nothing short of the GeForce 3 do it? Also, anyone know when the system requirements will be released for the game? That would answer my first question for me.

Thanks.

Guest JediKnight_114[b]

My computer's about a year old, and here are the specs:

500 MHz AMD K6-2 processor with 3D Now technology. 512KB L2 Pipeline Burst Cache. 64MB 100MHx SyncDRAM total System Memory. 10.0GB UltraDMA Hard Drive. 40x Max CD-ROM. Integrated 2x AGP w. 3D graphics.

My parents bought the computer, so what I just wrote is what was on the box.

So, the GeForce 2 will definately run it? Cause $100 bucks for that sounds way better than $350 for the GeForce 3.

Hi, there is a thread on similar lines to this in the swamp called "will JK run on my computer". Can you delete this post and join in that discussion instead please?

We can't start new threads everytime someone wants to compare specs...

cheers,

wardz

Guest JediKnight_114[b]

Sorry, I don't usually check the swamp for JKII topics. I'll cancel this post, but first I have one more question. I checked Max Payne's requirements and it calls for 96MB of memory. Does that mean that mine with 64 couldn't play it, or JKII?

Thanks again.

Guest JediKnight_114[b]

Damn, now I have to buy a graphics card, and some more memory. Thanks for all your help though CaptainRAVE. I guess it's better to know all this before JKII comes out instead of after I buy it. So thanks again.

Archived