Home

My quick comments on the Dec pcgamer article

Guest Kurgan

This might be old for those who already have the issue (I read it in-store today). Not worth buying the issue over. It had a couple of screenshots I hadn't seen before, with the "new" hud graphics which I think look nice, although it was clear that they were merely placeholders (with the numbers that represented the real force points and health/armor above them).

The bar on the far right I wasn't sure what it was, although I guess you could speculate. There is some black tracing around the graphic on the far left, which I think is meant to be transparent. Take that black stuff away, and it looks very much like the indicator we all remember from JK/MotS showing the shield/armor values.

I guess if this is all correct, we can be certain that JK2 has shields, and force mana, if there was any doubt. Although they could be implemented differently than JK/MotS.

Also the screenshots which apparently show thrown Thermal Detonator's (TD in hand, explosion down a hallway with flying Stormtrooper bodies; and another with ST rifle in hand and explosion in front of player) seem to indicate that they are more like the "hand grenades" we remember from JK/MotS and not huge room clearing mini-nukes (like some of the bombs in TPM for example, or how they are popularly portrayed in the EU literature). The explosions look pretty unremarkable, just a mass of color pretty much, but this again could be preliminary.

Not much new info in the article, just more talk about this or that being secretive, not finished yet, etc.

Sorry if any of that was old data, I just needed to post it before I forget, and I need to get back to what I was doing! Later...

Kurgan

Originally posted by Kurgan:

<STRONG>I guess if this is all correct, we can be certain that JK2 has shields, and force mana, if there was any doubt. Although they could be implemented differently than JK/MotS.

Kurgan</STRONG>

In JK you could pick up shield belts that were lying around. But that was more like an arcade game. These days the shields etc would be charged from a wall like in EF. You would only find weapons etc, either where someone had died, or in a storage room. Im sure this game will be very similar to EF. I advise anyone who likes JK2, but hasnt played Elite Force to play it to get a feel for Ravens games.

Archived