Home

My opinion on the game...

Kwup

Ok. I've given this much thought, so I will adress it now. I think in single-player mode you should be able to control multiple charactors. AKA like personalities, and each one has his/her background. So, here is my plan...

• Jedi = Kyle Katarn - Basically JK style
  • Saberist = Some-new-guy - Can have a few force powers, a dual saber or a lightstaff
  • Mercenary = Jan Ors - Basically Q3 style missions
  • Bounty Hunter = some goof - The same as MotS, but I would like to see carbo look like a cloud....when you are exposed to that clud you slow down...eventually freezing if you stay in it.
  • Scout = some choad - Basically you just snipe stuff......

So 5 different styles of playing. I think this would be great, with the ongoing story turning into a Giants: Citizen Kabuto type thing where you switch charactors after so many missions.

Your thoughts?

[ June 04, 2001: Message edited by: Kwup ]

I persoanly Think the carbo gun is kinda cheap, very easy to freeze anyone not using Fspeed, and its a ping battle bewteen two carbo using players, a saber Only mode exists, in mots ala gantry no guns, homestead, and throne. Scouts were underpowered shield wise in mots, I think they needed 2x the amount as they spawn with only a few weak weapons other then the sniper rifle. and merc would just be a NF battle, I would Like to See and enginer Per able to build Mini Turbolazers or things of that nature :) and also a Hwguy type per that carries big guns and alot of armor and has no force powers at all and is extremely slow to move. Giants was not a good game in my book, short Sp crappy Mp offered nothing new other then you could play as a Giant ugly looking thing. And Fly a helicopter well tribes alrdy covered that heh.

I have to say that for JKII I think multiple characters is a bad idea. Although I liked playing MotS SP, it really just seemed like a series of different missions. I wouldn't want to do the same sort of switching in JKII - this is Kyle's story.

Having all those different play styles would break the flow of the SP game. If you are talking about assuming one role and using it throughout the whole game, then that is also a bad idea. Playing a Bounty Hunter in a game about Jedi? It wouldn't fit, IMO.

I would much rather see a separate new Bounty Hunter FPS, that allowed you to tweak your character.

I would much prefer just to play Kyle in JKII, and watch him come to terms with his destiny.

Archived