Home

JK 2 @ zone?

PrINcE[OuTLaW]

Guest ZeroXcape

I'm sure you could find many petitions to not have it at the Zone, but right now we don't know.

In all honestly, I highly doubt the zone will have anything to do with Jedi Knight II. With dedicated servers and authentication as it is today, there is no need for the zone.

It is true that JKII will have dedicated servers, but I remember Quake 2 coming to the Zone during JK's day. I never played Q2 over the zone, but I'm assuming it used the peer to peer mode (which sucked compared to dedicated servers). Since JKII is using a similar engine and LucasArts had the deal with Microsoft to put their games on the zone (I'm not sure if that expired or not), then JKII could very well end up on the Zone. Of course, this would be in addition and secondary to dedicated servers. You'd want to play on a dedicated server anyway. :)

Swoosh

Zone has its + IM chat before game starts things like that. I'd hate to give them up for dedicated server support, I hope thier is a mix of both, half the time clans just hang out on the zone and chat, you can't do that with jus dedicated server support heh

Archived