Home

New E3 video with commentary!

bsbuckeye21

Guest Kettch

Umm...I wish that u can block saber throw, as you can do that in reality and that equalize more the balance.

Hmmm... maybe you can. I didn't get that much of an Elite Force feel, to be honest. I suppose some of it looked a bit like the borg ship interiors in EF.

I too thought that the saber duelling looked better than in JK. Hard to tell, but it appeared as thought there were more than just a couple of moves.

Originally posted by OnlyOneCanoli:

<STRONG>Hehehe, bucky got mentioned on the main page. ;)</STRONG>

Hey hey hey! Purtey cool!

(I wouldn't have even noticed if not for the heads up; I just have the forums bookmarked so that it's full screen. ;))

phew! Ok seen it, and I think that is going to be game of the century! Did you see those scorch marks? :)

Just a note for those who complained about the saber, I think they have changed it around since E3 so it is going to be different.

wardz

Famous at last, bucky! :D

I actually stumbled across the link on VoodooExtreme a short while ago, and after watching that vid, I knew this place was going to be buzzing.

All I can say is...wow! For three months work that looked pretty advanced to me. :)

I noticed these Force powers in use...

1. Saber Throw - it looked good in the higher-res version of the vid (which kept buffering over my 56k connection :( ). Very smooth - and it used about 10 Force points for each throw.

2. Push - bye bye stormies.

3. Lightning - the effect looked quite good to me, from what I could see. I can't judge whether it bent toward the Dark Jedi or not - but that power ate through the Force points quite rapidly.

4. Jedi Mind Tricks - in the room with the Stormie where he stands still, he actually used the Force - look at the Force meter on the right. He confused the stormie, so he didn't look like an enemy. And the LEC guy said the effect wears off after a little while - which it did when the stormie fired.

The lightsaber battle looked really good. I definitely liked the flash effect, which is very apparent in the films, although I felt it was a little too frequent, and maybe lasted a little too long.

I liked the bit where the buddy stepped in too.

The weapon-flashes were done very well, as were the explosions.

I too disliked the saber glow on the floor, and if they can't fix it, I think it might be better to leave it out. Yes, I know it's early yet - but there are limitations to what they can realistically achieve with the Q3 engine, even with modifications. I'm just hoping they can improve it.

I too thought that there was something slightly wrong with the movement of Kyle while running. It's hard to judge, but maybe he's not quite fluid enough yet.

Nevertheless, for a demo that was pretty impressive stuff, IMHO. Keep up the excellent work, Raven and LEC! ;)

Originally posted by CaptainRAVE:

<STRONG>Is there anyway to download the movie cause streaming video with another million people on the server is annoying, even with the new one!!!!!</STRONG>

Just use a download accelerator program that will 'intercept' the stream and allow you to dl the video.

I use Download Accelerator Plus (DAP) myself, works pretty good.

A couple of thoughts on this video:

1. WOW!

2. I really got a Dark Forces feeling when watching the movie, especially because of the awesome height (and depth) of the shaft that Kyle is moving upwards along.

The only bit that reminds me of EF for some reason is when he activates the elevator control panel.

3. I sincerely hope Raven will *not* make the saber combat significantly more complex (and complicated!) than in Jedi Knight.

If a combat system a la Severance: Blade of Darkness were to be incorporated into JK 2, it would absolutely *kill* the game for me.

Well, i posted a few remarks in the realated section of this forum. However, for the dial up users, you can simply "right click" the macro( or link to the file) and select "save target as. This will allow those uesers to view the stream media without pausing for "buffering". And overall, I thinkg even with the quarks in the gameplay, and visual effects, that if this game hit the shelves in its current state, it would still be the best game of the year!!! Be patient young Jedi!( As I plan to quit my job the day it is released....)

Archived