Home

New Textures?

Arisian

Im sitting here looking at the screen shots for this and im thinking to myself, "Jeez, these textures look just like JK1~" I know that almost everyone out there would most likely be pissed off with LEC if they inserted the same textures back into a new game. If you look at all the screens, the only texture that i havent seen before is the reflecting floor (which looks awesome). Also, in JK1 everything was "straight." The holes were made out of lots of straight lines. If you look at the screens in JK2, that seems to be the case once again. This might be pre-mature and my own arguement might be apposed to itself in later screens, but as of right now it looks like the old textures are being re-inserted into the game. For the this would cause great annoyance, redundance, and monotany. Hmmm...

Personally, I don't think the textures are the same...they probably are similar to those of Jedi Knight due to it being a star wars game and has some similar settings. But, keep in mind that all of the screens we currently have are from 2 months of work which I'm sure went more into modeling, physics, and animations than into textures and level design. I'd expect for the levels to look dramatically different when the screens from the real levels are released. Hopefully that is soon!

Swoosh

hmm...i agree, they do look like the same ones, my only hope is this:

they used old textures from jk for the trial screenshots and demos theyd be running at e3 and such, they wanted people to not really notice the textures in the background, but rather, the force and player models they had already freshly implemented, they also probably werent counting on such a keen eye :) well, if they do use all the same textures, im sure others besides you would be upset, but i sure wouldnt, i barely even notice the walls anyway, heh

hope this helps settle you :)

Im not to worried about it, but i would like to see some textures implemented that just take my breathe away. So it was with Half-Life, the outdoor textures are the best ive personally seen (not a big quake player, so dont flame at me for not seeing the "kick arse textures" in quake). Im not disappointed or angry, just more concerned that they are not implementing the full power of the Q3 engine. Like i said before, we will just have to wait and see. My speculations my be very premature. As Yoda once said, "Hard to see the future is." So is it with this. Thanks

Now that I've looked at the new screen for a bit, that pillar that runs up through the pit looks horrible. That can't be what we should be expecting in the final game. It looks like a JK level with better lighting...that pillar needs to have a rounded surface and I'm sure they will use all of the features of the engine to the fullest extent.

Swoosh :(

Archived