Home

JED

GEJoeSolo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got 3d studio Max from my bro, as he went to school for graphics design. I also have just about every graphics tool availlable, too bad I dont know how to use them. I want to start editing( as posted under Newbie Editor) so im really feeling things out. I will try both, but im sure were i will take them....i have been busy learning Dreamweaver and Flash, so I can get my site up.....have to start somewhere... :)

Guest Kurgan

3D Studio MAX is the best, although I think you can only export 3dos to JK, using a conversion utility, etc. Haven't tried messing with that. But anyway, you'd expect the industry standard 3D design package to be better than any home-made editor for a 3+ year old pc game. I got mine through school.

But IMHO, JKEdit is far better than JED, overall. The only advantage to JED over JKEdit is that it's freeware and has plugin support. But for funtionality, ease of use, features, etc, JKEdit is clearly superior, and yes I've used both. Heck, even it's 3D preview puts JED's to shame.

Just because JED is more popular, doesn't make it 'better' in my book...

Kurgan

[ July 30, 2001: Message edited by: Kurgan ]

I have a question, is JED only used for level design? What programs are you using for skin creation, and saber design. I know Paint Shop pro works for sabers, and photoshop for skins?? I have yet to try JED, as, again, I'm new and haven't had the time yet....So any help would be great, thanks

Archived