Home

Editing. Is it or will it be possible?

Mike1587246509

Originally posted by Wilhuf

Technically any data file could be edited of course. My top editing question is 'will there be a Jedi Radiant or not?'

It dosen't matter if it is, there was barley any differnce between EFRadiant and Q3Radaint.

The worst thing that Lucasarts could do is not release the .map files. JK2 Will be editable, even if they don't make JORadaint.

It would be completly idiot if Lucasarts trashed editing from the game. If Elite Force couldn't edit maps, the EF community would be long gone. But now, it's stronger than ever. Releasing the .map files for the game also helped I think.

Jedi Knight ... Frankly, it was not that great of a game.

Blasphemy!! Especially on this board! ;)

But seriously, I agree your points, GB, and I hope LEC/Raven recognize the obvious, tremendous replay value they add to Jedi Outcast when including a form of JORadiant. Legions of fans are looking forward to creating unique mods, skins, models, adventures, all kinds of Star Wars content.

I am not 100% certain what causes Raven/LEC to hesitate to tell us whether or not an editor will ship. Presumably the LEC/LucasLicensing legal team, ever mindful of control over license, is hemming and hawing over this issue. Perhaps the hesitation is based on reluctance to give us dissapointing news? Hopefully not.

Archived