Home

SOF2 has MP after all...

StormHammer

This is a heads up for anyone interested in the game. I caught a snip on VE this morning, but here's a link to the official announcement.

After being touted as SP only with a mission generator...it looks like they've decided to go for some basic MP modes.

VE has some hi-res screenshots of MP up at the moment. Enjoy. ;)

[ November 19, 2001: Message edited by: StormHammer ]

Hmmm... they spend the entire development process saying "this game will be sinle-player only, we've decided to concentrate on the single-player aspect because we hate games with MP modes tacked on quickly for the sake of it". Then, two months before the game's due to come out, they go "oh, let's quickly add a couple of MP modes, coz, well, it's kinda the in-thing nowadays".

Sorry, guys, pardon my cynicism, but I'll need to play the game first before I decide whether this was A Good Thing or A Bad Thing. Until then, I'll reserve judgement.

Yeah, ed, I think they've just caved in to gamer demand. At least it shouldn't affect the SP and random missions, though, because they've focussed a lot of time on those aspects.

Whether they can deliver some great MP at this stage is questionable - although they seem to be on track for giving us JK2 in about a year...so MP in a few months should be a walk in the park. ;)

Archived