Home

Video Cards...

Jedi Howell1587246488

The fact that I've never heard of either of them makes me suspect that you'd be advised to steer clear of both. Go for well-known makes (Hercules, Asus, Elsa, etc.) and don't go for cut-down chipsets like Vanta or M64. You don't say whether you have an AGP slot (I'm assuming no) so I'd be tempted to go for something like a Voodoo Banshee, Voodoo 3 or a TNT2 in PCI form. All these cards are so dirt cheap nowadays, you should have no trouble affording any of them.

I assume you have a PCI slot?

Well, I know you can get some GeForce MX cards for PCI...ELSA does some...

ELSA GLADIAC 511 TwinView PCI 32Mb GeForce2 MX TV Out

ELSA Synergy II 32MB NVIDIA PCI

You can also get a Hercules Kyro card..

Hercules 3D PROPHET 4000XT STMicro Kyro 32MB PCI

Or maybe you prefer ATi...

ATI Radeon All In Wonder 32MB PCI Retail

These cards range anything from £50-130.

Hope that gives you food for thought. ;)

Guest ZeroXcape

Check www.pricewatch.com for the cheapest listings on the Internet. I'd also agree, upgrading to a TNT2 won't do you any good. You'll barely be able to run most games now, and who knows about JKII. Currently, our minimum specs are as follows:

Minimum - PII 300 MHZ With 64 MB RAM And VOODOO3 Accelerator.

That's what you'd be looking to fall under. Recently, local Best Buy's were giving away geForce3 ti200's for $99 after rebate. Of course these are AGP, but I'm sure you'll be able to find a great deal on a PCI card. Let us know what you decide to go with.

I just recently bought a PNY Geforce 2 MX 400 for a cheap 99 bucks. cause I have no agp slot.Thats just to hold me over until I can get my new computer put together.My advice to you is get that card or save your money and get a whole new setup.Do it that way and it will be more worth your while. Trust me.

I dunno dude, if you have an older computer and have to go with a PCI vid card, I'd think that a GeForce class card wouldn't be able to be pushed hard enough to be worth having....cause...the computer has to push the tri's through the PCI adapter onto the card. That's going to be the main bottle neck.

Can you just save your money and buy a new computer instead? :cool:

Archived