Home

Happy 4th of July!

Guest Boba Rhett

Guest Boba Rhett

Well, somebody had to say it. Anyone have interesting plans for today? I sure don't. And seeing how fireworks are illegal here in Iowa, I guess i'll just be sitting around throwing caps at my brother all day. :rolleyes:

well seeing as we dont celebrate the 4th of july down under, ill just tell you what my plans were for today and what i did

11:46 am - Get out of bed

12:00 pm - Trudge down the stairs half asleep

12:12 pm - Poured myself some apple juice and sat down in front of the TV to see what was on.

12:20 pm - After flicking through 40 channels, I realised there was nothing worth my time on TV, so I went to the computer.

12:22 pm - Turned on the computer. *BEEEEEP BEEEEP BEEEEEP*. RAM error. Open computer. Pick up screwdriver and beat 2 sticks of ram for a few seconds. Turn on computer again. No beep. But nothing on the monitor. Dislodged monitor when removing case. Plug monitor back in. Turn computer on again. Works this time. Hoorah.

12:29 pm - Waiting for windows to load.

12:31 pm - Waiting for windows to load.

12:32 pm - B.S.O.D. "DAMMIT!" reset

12:34 pm - Log in.

12:36 pm - Connect to internet.

12:37 pm - Open ICQ. check for messages. Check email. Spend next 1/2 hr at jkii.net forums.

1:14 pm - Feeling peckish. Make nachos. Get some black from the fridge. Drink the black, eat the nachos.

1:28 pm - Connect to zone. Play Jediknight. NF BGJ, F4 VOJT, FF BGJ, FF Oasis, NF Spork @ VOJT and BGJ, F4 Spork @ VOJT and BGJ, Drazen.

3:55 pm - First thought of this minute - "*@$%!!!! I have to leave for work in 15 minutes! Get washing off line. Empty Dishwasher. Check mail. Shower. Get dressed. Grab work stuff.

4:20 pm - Leave for work in a hurry.

4:28 pm - Arrive for work....... in a hurry.

4:30 pm - Swipe card through 'Toys R Us' KRONOS sign on system. Find manager. Retrieve list of night's tasks.

7:30 pm - Finish work. Hoorah!

7:45 pm - Get home. Eat dinner (Chicken Kiev, Crispy fries, Vegies), all while watching TV.

8:12 pm - Walk to computer. Discover I left the internet on all afternoon and have had people abusing me asking me if I'm ignoring them because I wasn't responding. Visit jkii.net forums.

8:24 pm - Finish typing this post. Post this post. Go have shower.

Who knows what the rest of the night may hold eh?

Well, there's an insight into the daily holiday life of me :)

That makes me think of my disorganised plans on Sunday.

0:15 am - Go to sleep

6:00 am - Alarm clock rings, I bash it. And go back to sleep

6:30 am - Next door dog barks at birds... wakes me up... then fall back to sleep

6:40 am - I wake up. Open Computer

6:41 am - Windows ME has allready loaded :o Opening e-mail, checking ICQ.

6:45 am - Closing Computer

6:46 am - Blue screen: System Failure

6:46 am - Press reset and then quickly the power button to close PC

6:47 am - Getting dressed, brush teeth, puts gel in hair (all at the same time :D)

6:50 am - RUN TO LOEB (grocery store)

7:02 am - Punch in at work

3:30 pm - Work is done. But I dont punch out quite yet. I ***** at incompetant co-workers and tell them what to do.

3:40 pm - I punch and I realised I punch 10 minutes late. I figure who cares, it's 10 minutes of overtime so I get paid time and a half. :D

3:55 pm - Arrive home

4:15 pm - Check my mail, phone messages. Maybe watch TV

5:30 pm - Watch DVD with my big TV downstairs and eat suppa

6:20 pm - I've seen the movie before so I just stop it. Go turn on my PC

6:30 pm - Plays a bit of Counter-Strike OR Serious Sam online

7:20 pm - PC Crashes

7:21 pm - I'm too tired because of work that I restart PC

7:22 pm - I relax on the couch and sometimes fall asleep

8:45 pm - The phone rings. It is either my g/f or my brother's annoying bimbo

Then the rest is a blur. I'll probebly go on PC to talk with the rest of the JK2.net staff.

[ July 04, 2001: Message edited by: TheJackal ]

The President: Mankind. That word should have new meaning for all of us today. We can't be consumed by our petty differences anymore. We will be united in our common interest. Perhaps it is fate that today is the fourth of July and you will once again be fighting for our freedom. Not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution, but from annihilation. We're fighting for our right to live, to exist! And should we win the day, the 4th of July will no longer be known as an American holiday, but as the day when the world declared in one voice, "We will not go quietly into the night! We will not vanish without a fight! We're going to live on! We're going to survive! Today, we celebrate our Independence Day!"

From the movie "Independence Day"

Happy 4th. Of July All! ;)

:D

[ July 04, 2001: Message edited by: KordKelly ]

Archived