Home

Your dream game???

Chewie_Rips

Callista, i have one thing to say to you... "I dont know, I can imagine quite a bit". heh heh heh... sorry.

OK, my dream game would not be possible by todays technology. Mainly because of the level of graphics, the interface i want, and the type of control that im thinking of. The level of graphics that I see in my dream game is almost true-to-life graphics, i mean, just barely off so you would know the difference from in-game and reality. The controls would be something like motion capture. Say, to like fire a weapon, you would need a gun controller and actually use your aiming skills to shoot another player(so its not the rinky-dinky mouse stuff we have to put up with, although i dont mind so much). And say, for a lightsaber, you would need a special controller (which would be supplied w/ the game), this controller would function like, say you were to move it to the left, it moves to the left, get the idea? So there would be limitless # of possible saber moves. The interface would be something like a holodeck from ST, or either a beefed up VR, and not the blasted moniter.

Ok, now onto the actual game. I guess it would be most like SWG, since ive been dreaming of a game like this ever since i can remember. There is a few things i think i would change. For instance, there would be single player, and multiplayer. SP would most likely reflect a JO, or JK, or DF, or any type of FPS. Also, in SP, there would be many, many different training missions for all types of characters. Like there would be Jedi training missions if your a Jedi, training for a soldier or mercenary, even training for a tech wizard or craftsman, or something. You can use these training missions to beef up your character before you try and test your might in multiplayer. While multiplayer would be just like Galaxies. Except for a few rule changes, like not being able to kill another person unless scenario A happens or scenario B, etc., etc. The rules will most likely fit into real-world rules, and not many of the rules existing in SWG now.

The timeline. Well, after reading some of the posts on the Galaxies website relating to the timeline and how players should be able to affect it, it got me thinking. So, after a few mintutes, i thought the perfect timeline would start after ROTJ, around JO time and beyond, this way, players can make the universe by their actions, and not pre-determined events, like in the films. Either that or something around Knights of the Old Republic time, that would make a hell of a game(and im hoping it will be in KOTOR), the Jedi and Sith War (or whatever its called).

I think i covered everything. Now that I think about it, this is not just a dream game, its a dream system as well as a dream game. I hope we will have the technology to build something like this when im still alive and well. Well, thanks for reading my post, this has been my longest post ever.

Yes, I agree, that Virtual reality is were it is headed, I'll be the oldest man on the block playing games, if this is around in my life time...I mean, imagine you could use the same technology that they use when creating sports games and other games, that transfer actual players characteristcs, movements, etc. It would be cool to have a Jedi game, that before playing in set up, you cold do a series of moves jumps, sabers slashes, etc, and then your game character would look and play just like you!! Your entire system would be a virtual expeirance, were you could have sensors attached to your body, to detect hits, ect.....pull the couch back, cause we are geting ready for Jedi Knight-2050.....lol

Acdcfanbill, the possibility of a game like this, makes me wish that i would have been born decades from now, taking full advantage of youth in a game like this.

That is an awesome idea chewie, sense the moves before you play. But I was thinking more along the lines of a real-time you do it-it happens kind of thing. Either way would be sweet though.

As for your other idea, chewie, about the character looking exactly like you... awesome, great idea, what else can i say?

Oh, another thing i thought would be cool, a feature in the game that i havent seen since Tie-Fighter i think it was, would be being able to record yourself playing, in order to watch later. That way, you can analyze your mistakes (if your like me, you need to) and get better, or show your friends just how good you are.

Also, i think that all of us old foagies would play a game like that until we die, i know i would, hell, it is my dream game.

Thanks Jimi, and actualy we were more on the same page then my post listed...sorry, as I was a little vague in my thoughts...i totally want the game to be a virtual, as it happens experiance. I just meant that, you could have a 3rd person option, and see yourself playing, with your movements, etc, as it was happening and you were reacting virtualy....you and I have very similar taste...lol...I'm laughing cause your totaly read my mind, as I was just about to post a topic on JKO MP having an instant replay option, so you could watch duels, record them and save them. Even send them to a freind to prove that you beat who you say you beat, etc. I think this would really rock.....see my topic in The Valley on this, so we can see what everyone else thinks...thanks again man...you rock!!! :D

Villians game where ya can be the Bad guys Star Wras Villians Game Where ya can be

Characters

Darth Vader , Darth Maul,

With more than 1 ending

Empire Rises

Rebel's Destruction

Sith Defeat Jedi

Levels

120 lvls

Storyline

(Darth Vader) goes off to hunt down the Jedi Knights and Prefent the Rebellion from Forming and Keep the Sith Order Two no more no less code alive.

(Darth Maul) Goes off to Kill remaining Jedi Knights. Also Goes to Find and Kill Darth Vader.

Weapons

Lightsabers and Force No Guns

Basically Where the Bad guys Win and defeat everyone.

Archived