Home

Star Wars Fans to Gather in Indianapolis

CaptainRAVE

Star Wars fans will gather in Indianapolis, Ind., May 3-5, 2002, for Star Wars Celebration II, the only official Star Wars event to celebrate the release of Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones, scheduled to open next summer. The fan convention will also honor the 25th anniversary of the first film in the epic saga, Star Wars: A New Hope, first released in May 1977.

Over 340,000 square feet of the Indianapolis Convention Center will be filled with Star Wars-related exhibits, displays and events. Presented by the official Star Wars Fan Club, Star Wars Celebration II will allow attendees to view of special movie footage, feature appearances by celebrities and behind-the-scenes talent from all of the Star Wars movies, and showcase related entertainment, including opportunities to play a wide variety of Star Wars-themed games. Additionally, attendees will be able to purchase exclusive Star Wars Celebration II merchandise available only at the event.

Celebration I took place in Denver, Colo. in May 1999, and attracted more than 25,000 fans from all over the world. When additional event information becomes available, it will be posted to star wars celebration. Beginning October 1, event registration will also be available at www.starwarscelebration.com.

Guest Boba Rhett

Are you a news reporter now or something? ;)

I went to the first one, it was pretty cool but waaaayyyy to crowded and muddy. The're not making that same mistake this time and i'm planning on going this one too.

Originally posted by CaptainRAVE:

<STRONG>...and showcase related entertainment, including opportunities to play a wide variety of Star Wars-themed games. </STRONG>

Does this mean what I think it means? Rhett. Do your best to get a peak of JKII. :D Bring a camcorder.

Archived