Home

Lightsaber combat

Toa Tahu

Guest [eVe]DeathBoLT

i certainly hope JK2 doesn't handle like UT does...

the UT engine's great for guns, but to be frank, I was rather disapointed with Rune...

:\

Actually, I have to disagree. I did like Rune and especially its melee combat system which was simple and yet fluid enough. That is something that I would like see in JK2 and I bet it will be even better with those motion captured animations... :D Speaking of lightsaber combat, I recommend that you all check this site, if it's not already familiar to you(especially you developers, when you are finetuning lightsaber moves). It analyzes different fighting stances, footwork, en-guarde positions and basic strikes found from the movies; most of the text seems to be written before premier of TPM, so they used its trailers and tv -spots as reference when examining fighting styles of Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon and Maul. Very interesting and informative, especially if you are into Kendo. :lsduel:

Guest [eVe]DeathBoLT

it was a okay melee system but i hated how movement felt :\

i felt like i was playing while practically being glued to a brick wall..

I only knew the lightsabres as Star Wars camera-tricks,I didn't knew the lgitsabres were true real-life weapons!

They're not... the warning on the site is just a laugh. Also i think that stuff is just theories not really real. Unless i'm mistaking if it was true someone would have built a lgihtsabre.

Real Lightsabers.........rofl

Third person dueling, i have been lead to understand that this will be more like the way u remove limbs in Soldier of Fortune, never having played it, i couldn't say.

I just wonder how many ppl will use 3rd person view for multi-player and will it have any advantage over 1st person view. As for the whole dueling thing, i hope it works the same way as JK and MOTS.

/me rushes out to buy a copy of Quake III team arena, just to see what the engine is like:D

Originally posted by Tay-Mar

I just wonder how many ppl will use 3rd person view for multi-player and will it have any advantage over 1st person view. As for the whole dueling thing, i hope it works the same way as JK and MOTS.

In 3rd person you can view around corners and things like that, and now there will be an aiming reticle while in 3rd person (not made with the automap ;))

For most people Its also easier to play sabers in 3rd person, while others play in 1st person because they feel more inmersed

Toa Tahu, since u haven't experienced the true power of Jedi Knight I recommened u go buy it NOW!

It is at classic/budget status and where I am u get a free game from that range as well which includes such games as System Shock2, one of the Monkey Island games, force commander and others[Edit](I think it's those games)[/Edit].

Anyways it's cheap an excellent game and will answer some of ur previous questions, and u get the Buy 1 Get 1 free deal(though I think u have to pay for delivery of free game, and may not have that deal where u are).

Originally posted by Tap[RR]

Thats old news, buddy... **cough** welcome to the boards ** cough** :rolleyes:

Dude, i think u need more sleep time/ week.

I know that's old news, and since you already knew, then the message was appearently not meant for you. :rolleyes:

It's for new comers, like Tao, or whoever somehow missed it. Duh?

but..... your still new to the forums, and i assumed that you just discovered that, and the way you used all caps, it only led me to believe you discovered the vid for the first time, also you registering in november makes my welcome bit, perfectly valid.........:p

Originally posted by SSH83

It's for new comers, like Tao, or whoever somehow missed it. Duh?

Tao?I'm not Beastmaster's helper,Tao,I'm Toa Tahu,the Great Warrior of Fire. :rolleyes: j/k

Anyway,how much is JK?And do I buy JK,MOTS,DF,DF2,or what?And I don't really come to a lot of awards from parents,and I've already got it booked with JK2.So how do I get JK?

Archived