Home

Dead Bodies (Sorry, sounds a little morbid, I know)

My question is this, the only "body" in the object toylist is "dead wookie". However, I would like for a body to be left behind in an RPG scenario I'm designing. I know I can kill a unit off and there will be a body left behind, but only for a short time(it will deteriate away). I want a hero's(Human) body to remain after being struck done, so placing a dead wookie there would look slightly wrong. Is there any way to keep a fallen body on the map, or to place a dead body other than wookie on the map?

Originally posted by WC_heavyarms

I believe there is a trigger for create object. set it so that when it dies, the object is created, thus the dead wookie! i believe it is done by :condition: destroy object: effect: create object. Tell me if that helps :D

Thanks, but unfortunately that will only create the dead body for a few seconds as the body decays and deterierates. I know I can do that much, it's keeping the body there for a longer period of time. You can't freeze or disable a unit if it's dead, so you can't go that route, and "dead wookie" is the only "body" you can place in the Scenario Editor, at least at first glance. There may be some trick to place them and/or keep them lying around, that's what I need to know. But thank you for trying WC_heavyarms.

And Drake, I think it's a conspiracy against the wookies, I mean why dead wookies and noone else? poor wookies... :D

isn't the dead wookie a gaia unit that can't be retaken over? I thought you could easily have it just lay there, like in the Chewbacca campaign.

Yes, that's absoulutely correct, but I don't NEED a Dead wookie, I need a dead HUMAN, and one that will stay there and not detereirate. The dead wookie is indeed a gaia unit that can't be taken over AND remains on the map, but since I can't use a Dead Wookie to represent a slain human (call me wierd, but It just won't look right). And again, I know I can place a unit then kill the unit, and PRESTO!, dead bodie, but only for a few seconds. I need to find a way to place a "Dead body" that is HUMAN by way of place object trigger (Which admitedly, looks like it's not possible) or a way to keep a dead body from deterierating through the use of triggers! I hope I have made myself clear this time, because there is no other way of stating the dilemma any way which is easier to understand.

no, there isn't a dead human, just a sorry dead wookie that looks flat.

I was already 99% sure of that, heavyarms, it's really the other half of my question that's the meat and potatoes. Is there a trick through the use of triggers and/or AI modifications that allows a dead body to remain on the map for an indefinite length of time, or even an extended length of time?

So any takers? Stan?

Depends on how long you need to see it. If the player comes upon it later in the scenario, and only needs to see it for a little while, just kill some human unit with a trigger right before they see it. You'll get the dead-body effect for awhile.

There is no way to make it stay though.

Guest Stan|SCN Punk

Or, you can set the create object/kill object trigger combo to looping and that way you will have permanent bodies, but there are problems with that and it's not recommended.

Archived