Home

WorldofMI forums

raVen_image

Seaking of myself, I have registered for the WMI forums, and I really enjoyed just browsing and reading all the things they have written, I reaalllly enjoyed the World Trade Center suggested messages. Also the one about psychology. I wish they would stay there for eternity. and you certainly should keep them sealed from the others. It is like food, when you mix two of them, and you like cinnamon and orange too, but when mixed, you vomit it. Know what I mean. this special'y of the WMI forums shall be kept.

Originally posted by benjoyce

Seaking of myself, I have registered for the WMI forums, and I really enjoyed just browsing and reading all the things they have written, I reaalllly enjoyed the World Trade Center suggested messages. Also the one about psychology. I wish they would stay there for eternity. and you certainly should keep them sealed from the others. It is like food, when you mix two of them, and you like cinnamon and orange too, but when mixed, you vomit it. Know what I mean. this special'y of the WMI forums shall be kept.

That is a unique analogy (metaphor?) benjoyce. I don't think I've thought about it in those terms. It was good to have you there with us.

And for my comment to murry84: He knows how I feel about him. He and I got into some serious debates, and he really gave me a run-for-my-money. I guess I said what I did just to draw him out from the shadows, if he was here. I haven't seen "hide nor hair" of him, yet.

On that note: where are Haxaty, Capn Cutlass, Matt_Kelly, MurrayBwahahaha(etc.), oldwizard, and the rest of our crew? I hope they haven't given up. :( I liked their input as well.

Originally posted by raVen_image

On that note: where are Haxaty, Capn Cutlass, Matt_Kelly, MurrayBwahahaha(etc.), oldwizard, and the rest of our crew? I hope they haven't given up. :( I liked their input as well.

Hmm.. you liked my input? *blushing*

You must be really messed up ;)

I am so emotional right now *crying*

It has been way too long.. :(

I loved the WMI community, and the only reason that I am registering here is because I really want raVen_image's e-mail adres (I can't see it in this forum, I can only send him e-mails through this forum).

Maybe I'll stick around. This forum scores really low on user friendlyness. And believe me, I have become an expert in vBB and uBB fora :D

I even run 3 myself :)

I don't think that the WMI community is big enough for it's own forum. But at least The Almighty (Dalixam for the non-believers) should try, if I may speak freely.

So please send me a mail, raVen_image. it's haxaty@hotmail.com

Oh yeah, I have a really good reason why WMI should have it's own forum: if The Almighty's forum goes to this place, then I'll follow....

Think about that... You don't want me around here? Do ya? :D

Got ya there!

If WMI is going to have a forum here... Paco just has got to draw some cool avatars!

That guy is just amazing... He makes beautifull pictures and comics. He enhanced the whole WMI (with The Allmighty, of course). And then there are these guys like me: lazy, always late, lazy, nerd, geek, freak, lazy. And those guys like me always think of these new big projects for the talented people under us that aren't lazy...

My life really isn't complicated at all... :)

It's nice to see most of the old gang again, hello to you all!

Haxaty, thanks for referring to me as "The Allmighty" :cool:

Wether or not the WMI forums will join lucasforums.com will be up to the members, as I will have a poll about it when I can update the site again.

Remember, if we join we probably won't be on the main page of lucasgames.com, but located under Mixnmojo's board. (The text under "Community Banter" seem to indicate this.)

If we stay on our own, the WMI forums will soon recieve a nice upgrade (no posts or user accounts will be lost!), which adds a better design and many more features, like easy smiley selection (like here on vBulletin), avatars and much more ;)

Nice to see you all again and I look forward to a reunion once the WMI forums are back :)

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by raVen_image

Oh, for sure :)

Putting my concerns aside, there are advantages to this merging. I have been introduced to message-boards that I might never have seen, otherwise. How they may feel about a newbie that begins with 250+ posts is another matter, but I have not been treated like an intruder, yet.

They didn't seem to bothered with my arrival at GFN, it's one big community, so I imagine it will be one big friendly community aswell.

Originally posted by Ryback

I'm not sure either. I wouldn't want to sound like I'm complaining about these new forums... probably in six months we'll be wondering how we ever got by without them. On the other hand, Mixnmojo hosts a lot of small sites with their own forums, which did quite fine before. If you add WoMI, you've got to add MILegend, and I think Monkeycenter, and probably some other Monkey Island-themed site, and in terms of sheer postcounts they couldn't compete with EscapeMI even if you found them at the same place.

I was talking to Jojo a few days ago, and he doesn't know whether he'll bother putting the MonkeyCenter back up again for a while atleast.

Originally posted by Ryback

The World of Monkey Island forums were something special, and I'd hate to see them subsumed into a tiny cog in a monolithic LucasArts webforum megacomplex.

Unfortuanately, most forums generally merge into somethign bigger overtime. For example, the forums @ http://bs3.escapemi.com/ were great, but then Jojo accepted Revolution's offer ad they became the Revolution Software community forums. It was ok, but now it's gonna be better since Rev have forund there own forums again.

Archived