Home

MI 5 with many endings

pollodiablo

Image a Monkey Island with more than one possibles endings, that can be really cool, but that can confuse the players. Anyway

a MI with with more than one possibles endings(HOW repetitive) make the game longer and will be not "I finish MI and now I throw it in trash, or through the window(dont try this at home,

you can hurt someone)

OK no more Chachara, tell me what you think Ill be waiting for answers.

• 2 weeks later...

multiple endigs, eh?

well, actually i don't want multiple endings.

i almost never play through any game more than once, expecially adventuregames, and when i play i want see everything!!

i think it's so boring to play parts of the game again and again, just to see a bit different ending. but if i don't, i get a feeling i didn't fully complete the game and am missing something.

so, icon13.gif to multiple endings.

I'd love a MI5 with multiple endings!

The first adventure game I played was Indiana Jones and The Fate of Atlantis, and I think one of the reasons why I loved (and still love) this game is because there are 3 different paths leading to the solution.

By the way (this probably should be a new thread, but rats): Am I the only one who think EMI was too short and easy? I got it for Christmas, and 4 days later I'm through. Didn't get really stuck one single time...

I agree with Monkeehunter. I wouldn't like multiple endings.

Well, I don't even play through adventure games more than once, with the exception of MI. But that's not the reason why I say no.

I'd hate it because it wouldn't be stable and will probably contain lots of self-contradictory plots. If the programmers can avoid that, well, then I guess it's fine.

Boo to multiple endings! 3hm and hunter are right. And if they ever decided to make a MI6 (Guybrush and Voodoo Lady get a renewed contract), it would mess it up. It's like this:

"Hey in MI5 this person died at the end! Why is he here?"

"This never happened before!"

"Guybrush never knew any blind people."

"I'm going to fill up LucasForums with junk asking want I missed, just like the MI2 LeChuck and Guybrush brother thingy!"

That is why A multiple ending game would be bad.

~Ferv

In mi1 you had two endings and that was their mistake. Because in mi4, Carla, Otis and Meathook had to escape from monkey island. Guybrush asked them how they escaped then Guybrush said he went in Herman's boat. I mi1 you can either go in Herman's boat and blow up the Sea Monkey or go in the Sea monkey and leave Herman behind. For the real ending, Carla, Otis and Meathook get caught by the cannibals.

I can see Guybrush M-T's point that multiple endings in MI5 could possibly screw up the MI6 plot, but those guys at LucasArts are so clever that they hopefully would be able to deal with it.

If not multiple endings, I think multiple ways of reaching the ending (like Indy and the Fate of Atlantis) would be great.

• 2 weeks later...

i think its a good idea, but it wood be to complicated to make and understand. maybe instead ofdifferent endings, different ways to get to different places. like, a locked door, you can either get the key or hire someone to pick it. exept more complex than that obviously.

mi4 was 2 easy, i did it in 2 days. i never got stuck, just annoyed at the graphics.

Archived