Home

Microsoft Gets Patent for Anti-Piracy Operating System

CaptainRAVE

The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office awarded Microsoft a patent for an operating system that supposedly prevents piracy, although it is still unknown what Microsoft plans to do with it.

Some think the patent application is intended as defense against claims from InterTrust that Microsoft has violated their digital rights management patent. "I'm assuming it's...posturing, there are a lot of references to InterTrust," an analyst says.

InterTrust says not to trust MS with the patent. "Companies need to be careful about who they trust as a gatekeeper...If Microsoft owns the locks to Viacom content, it's like Sumner Redstone giving Bill Gates his front door key."

Originally posted by CaptainRAVE

The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office awarded Microsoft a patent for an operating system that supposedly prevents piracy, although it is still unknown what Microsoft plans to do with it.

Hahahahaha! :D

This from the company with more hacker-friendly holes in their software than you'll find in a whole Dutch Edam cheese. Windows XP was supposed to prevent piracy with it's activation key wasn't it...and someone hacked it before they released it, didn't they?

I'm sorry, I just find this incredibly hard to believe. If they have found some way to prevent their software being pirated, you can almost guarantee it's going to be a pain for the end user.

as stormhammer says I think everything ends up cracked

XP before its release, and every method invented to prevent piracy fails

PSX and now PS2, would supposedly only play original games...

All M$ products and every other software, apps and games are cracked

Archived