Home

OK... Who did this?!?

edlib

Originally posted by edlib

[bAt least they got the birthdate correct...

I like the concept of adding him to your buddy list... [/b]

My guess is that it was done for the sake of the birthdays listed on the calendar of lucasForums.

The problem is: the birthday is wrong. Most theologists agree that Jesus' date of birth is sometime in September in 4 BC.

December was chosen because it was the easiest way to convert pagans to Christianity. See, the pagans celebrated the winter solstice (Dec 21-22) ...and so the missionaries declared that time to be the birth of their saviour, so as to say: Look, you guys can still have your party, but you are gonna celebrate something we believe in".

Hey, it was easier than killing them all for blasphemy. You can't convert the dead.

Yeah, I know all that. I was actually trying to avoid that discussion...

Dec. 25 is the commonly and popularly accepted day for that event, and that's what I was getting at in my typical, slightly sarcastic way.

I found it by clicking on the calandar for the month, A.J.,

and saw it under birthdays on the 25th.

I'm not sure it would have bothered me if they hadn't filled out all the spaces in the profile... you know, just left the name and nothing else.

The very LEAST they could have done was given a custom rank! "Bantha fodder"?!?!? Come on!!!!

Originally posted by JR2000Z

And some don't believe that Jesus was a priest or a doctor....

Yeah, that struck me as funny too. Since "Jesus" was supposedly the one who filled out the profile...those occupations are out of place.

Jesus was the first to deny his divinity...he said outright that priests (and religion) got it all wrong. As to his healing abilities, only his followers attested to that. Jesus never said anything like that. All we can be sure of is that he was a carpenter's son.

Originally posted by raVen_image

Yeah, that struck me as funny too. Since "Jesus" was supposedly the one who filled out the profile...those occupations are out of place.

Jesus was the first to deny his divinity...he said outright that priests (and religion) got it all wrong. As to his healing abilities, only his followers attested to that. Jesus never said anything like that. All we can be sure of is that he was a carpenter's son.

That's ridiculous. Christ condemed the Jewish officials for their hypocracy to the spirit of the law, but he observed the Jewish laws all his life. He was a Jew, through and through. Considering his parents, that's hardly surprising.

Originally posted by Conor

First to deny His divinity?

Amusing to say the least. What have you been reading? :)

Well...the Bible. In 3 of the 4 gospels, when Pilot asks him if he the prophesied "King of the Jews" ...Jesus denies it.

As to Dogma...you guys are crazy. If you knew anything about Catholic and Christian Mythology, you'd see the brilliance of that flick.

My guess is: None of you have read your Bibles...unless you've read the "King James" version, which is heralded as the worst translation (actually, re-write) ever attempted. Scottish "Queen Jimmy" changed so much about that book it's shameful. I suggest that you read a real Bible.

Archived