Home

offensive?

Guest Maul403

Is my sig or confederate flag picture offensive to you?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Is my sig or confederate flag picture offensive to you?

• Yes it is offensive
    • No it is not

Guest Admiral Thrawn
Originally posted by ICP Ringmaster

NO....god bless the confederacy

And what was your intention of saying that for?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doesn't offend me.

I think that a lot of southerners were angry at the northerners for playing the holier-than-thou game, because the northerners did not tolerate slavery any more, and they acted like the southerners were heathens. That helped to cause the Civil War, I think.

Southerners still get angry when northerners treat them like hillbillies and hicks. I know it gets my goat.:mad:

Southerners are proud of their ancestors for standing up for what they believed in, right or wrong. It should not upset anyone when a southerner flies a Confederate flag, since he is just saying he/she is proud of his/her ancestors for fighting so bravely.

It's the same deal as the Alamo. We all revere Davy Crockett, etc., for fighting and dying in the war against Santa Anna. But the US was actually mostly responsible for the war. It's their courage, determination, and loyalty to their country that we all admire.

Guest Maul403
As for the flag, it may upset African-Americans, rightfully so. I think the design is cool, but I don't like what it stands for

read my sig. man

So if y'all love the South, then was John Wilkes Booth a hero in your eyes? Do you think the judge in the Dredd Scott case was right? Do you believe in everything the Confederacy stood for?(including slavery).Then don't go 'God Bless the Confederacy' to everyone..

John Wilkes Booth was a crazy man, you cant say everyone in the Confederacy was like Booth, Yes i believe everything the confederacy stood for, the confederacy did not stand for slavery, i guess you need to re-take ur 8th grade history class. Why can't i say god bless the confederacy? its a free county and ill say what i want to

Guest Luke Skywalker

2 people said it was offensive...heehe one of em was me....just to see how everyone would respond, no one did so Im just saying it now...even though I don't think its offensive....

Guest Maul403

I can't believe that they made SC take the flag off of their capital building, it was BELOW the AMERICAN flag, its not saying anything bad, its southern heritage!!!!!!

On another note: My 8th grade History Teacher was Clinicly insane!

Teacher: The Civil war was only caused by slavery!

Me: But, wasn't there some economic..

Teacher: SHUT UP! SLAVERY CAUSED IT!

You try learning something..

We need a balance between "The Confeterate Flag is Evil" and "Its a symbol of prideand heratige" Maybe they should wave em to remind us of the past, and that we don't have to like it..

Guest Maul403

<-------------hows that?

if you guys come across an animation pls send it to me, or if you can make me one is would be greatly appericated

Archived