Home

Top <insert number> films you want to see in the cinema soon

Riffage

I thought the myth books were superb, i reckon they could be successfully transformed onto the screen if done correctly. If it was done i think it would come out as a thinker/atmosphere film rather than any action-esque thing - and be all the better for it. It could be the only game-2-movie that was worth seeing (except the street fighter 2 manga - that's well good)

a Monkey island film would suck though, i mean if you look at the quality of game/movie conversions so far it would SO not work, they'd cock it up beyond all reckognition. I reckon Sam n Max would have more chance of being a success if they based the humour and plots around true purcellism

What have all the game-2-movie conversions been though? Tomb Raider, Mario Brothers, Mortal Kombat...

Now compare THOSE games' plots with Monkey Island's plot.

Which seems more natural for a movie?

A Monkey Island movie wouldn't have to be based on the game, it would be based on the plot and characters. A lot of movies get their plots from books... "Monkey Island" would be a cool pirate movie, that's how people would view it, not as a movie based on a game like Tomb Raider.

"Fellowship of the Ring" lived up to my expectations. :)

Except...

They left out one of my favorite lines from Gandalf...

"Do not temp the patience of a wizard ....for they are subtle, and quick to anger" (One of my favorite quotable lines, ever.)

On the other hand...

The scene where the Ring-Wrath was searching for the ring, right above Frodo and the hobbits as they hid under a log, will be remembered, by me, as one of the most frightening, suspenseful scenes ever filmed.

Originally posted by raVen_image

"Fellowship of the Ring" lived up to my expectations. :)

Except...

They left out one of my favorite lines from Gandalf...

"Do not temp the patience of a wizard ....for they are subtle, and quick to anger" (One of my favorite quotable lines, ever.)

On the other hand...

The scene where the Ring-Wrath was searching for the ring, right above Frodo and the hobbits as they hid under a log, will be remembered, by me, as one of the most frightening, suspenseful scenes ever filmed.

Heh, I just got back from seeing LotR...

The scariest part was when Bilbo went psycho for a moment when Frodo wouldn't give him the ring. Large Marge-esque.

Archived