Home

What is your top 5 Shoot 'Em Ups?

Zuckuss13

Originally posted by raVen_image

I don't have 5, since most First-person Shooters are dull. Get the power-up,...get a stronger weapon...run around and blast things ...BORING!

However, if you want a chalange, try either of the two THIEF games. It, too is first-person, but the point is NOT to shoot anyone. Instead, you have to find ways to sneak around them.

It is far more challenging and far more suspenseful when you can't kill anyone.

Well.... maybe your mind has been brain-washed since palying doom 1? Most fps's nowadays have a great stroyline, great interactivity, great mp, decent music score, good graphics, fun and much more.. Though what u said is though your not a mindless killing machine *cough* unreal-tournmanet *cough* but ur not a strategy boy... so ur a netral sort of thing which means u'll settle for stealthy games.. like thief and hitman. There's 2 games that have 3 angle's 2 them.... killing everything,stealthy and strategy for getting by obstacles( with the exceptio of the odd feast). AvP and AvP2. Marine=killing --- Predator=stealth --- alien=strategy. That's why i quite admire the game.. 3 in one.. a game for every player it seems.. i'm pretty open-minded so i like most genres.

Also just to point something out to you... er JO is a fps? jsut gotta tell ya so you're not disapointed ;)

Originally posted by Agen_Terminator Well.... maybe your mind has been brain-washed since palying doom 1?

Sorry, never played it. Jedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith left a bad enough taste in my mouth to avoid the standard, brainless FPS. Although, I gave them another shot recently and...

Most fps's nowadays have a great stroyline

Name one. Just one. Even THIEF had a pretentious, simpleton storyline.

... but ur not a strategy boy...

Wrong, I am, and there is little strategy to the standard FPS...even the current ones.

Also just to point something out to you... er JO is a fps? jsut gotta tell ya so you're not disapointed ;)

hahaha, yes, I already knew this. Hehe ...slavering fanboys...you gotta love 'em. :p

raVen_image

"...Wrong, I am, and there is little strategy to the standard FPS...even the current ones..."

whatever?... i reckon you should go play some more games. Try IGI, you cant just good running around shooting stuff same goes with Operation Flashpoint.

System Shock 2, Clive Barker's Undying, and Deus Ex had some of the best stories ever in a game, and they were all FPS.

OMG!!! U forgot H-L.. The cheesiest stroyline ever.

Sorry, never played it. Jedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith left a bad enough taste in my mouth to avoid the standard, brainless FPS. Although, I gave them another shot recently and...

U never played doom? i can understand wolfenstien but doom.. come on. Also JK has a decent storyline. And games are meant to be fun.. not a film if u want that get Wind Commander Series.

Name one. Just one. Even THIEF had a pretentious, simpleton storyline.

IGI

whatever?... i reckon you should go play some more games. Try IGI, you cant just good running around shooting stuff same goes with Operation Flashpoint.

Yeh.. try some more games.... just avoid some really rubbish games. like fish tank tycoon (that should get a bloody 2%.. it got 8%) OF kicks some ass so does igi. Also Ghost Recon form what i've heard has a good storyline since Tom Clancy done some script.

Welcome to the forums, Vickey34. :D Hope you enjoy your stay. Here...

*hands over a chocolate Jedi Medallion*

There you go. ;)

I'm going to add RTCW and AvP2 to my list (Santa was good enough to deliver them :D ). I've been playing SP since yesterday, and so far they are better than I expected. :)

Archived