Home

PS2 Problems

Clefo

Okay, I rented a PS2 to play over the weekend. I rented Escape from Monkey Island and Madden 2002. Now Escape from Monkey Island works fine (Other than the fact that I don't have a memory card :) ) But when I try to play Madden 2002 I get this Disc Read Error, What gives? There is nothing wrong with the CD, so whats happening?!?!?!

Well I got to Part II in Monkey Island before I had to quit, now I have to start all over :(

Okay: The Madden 2002 manual says that it will only work on NTSC U/T PS2's and the one I rented was a STCS-3000 or something or other, Now why the hell would they make different versions of the PS2?

Apparently you got the early version...I heard something about this...

If you got an early version you could turn it in for another new version. It had a few bugs in it.

Yeah I heard that a ton of pre-orders that got it in the first shipment got these and then they had to go and turn it back in...

Originally posted by Clefo

Now why the hell would they make different versions of the PS2?

they might have done it or different reasons too, but i know that one of them was to try to stop people from using gamesharks to cheat on games, so they kept changing the drivers to new versions that GS didn't work on. Of course, GS just kept making different versions that worked on all the drivers available.

ddddddddddsssffrrrwwwssscxdddddaaaasfffffffff- Dang, my asd and f keys are a little sticky

Originally posted by Clefo

And maybe the Colts won't be 13-3 every year!

What?!? The Colts SUCK this year...I had them pegged for Superbowl at the year's beging...boy was I wrong...now I'm rooting for the 49ers...I've always been a fan of them, but they havn't done much in a long time...GO 49ERS!!!:D

(superbowl- 49ers vs. Steelers):)

BTW, Tie Guy the PS2 original had a few bugs in it that didn't allow it to take full advantage of it's hardware and would freeze games...there were not very many of Clefo's versions shiped. They were only shiped the first week or less then they switched over (I mean shipping week not Release week)

Originally posted by darthfergie

BTW, Tie Guy the PS2 original had a few bugs in it that didn't allow it to take full advantage of it's hardware and would freeze games...there were not very many of Clefo's versions shiped. They were only shiped the first week or less then they switched over (I mean shipping week not Release week)

That's probably true also, but i know for a fact that they came out with different versions of the drivers so that you couldn't use gameshark. It wasn't supposed to affect games though...

BTW Clefo, the first Playstation is the PSX, not PS1, that's the portable one, or was that what you were talking about?

Archived