Home

Disappearing Genre of Games?

Guest Lord Tirion

Guest Lord Tirion

Whatever happened to the multiplayer shooters like Doom where you can team up with friends and hunt down creatures and monsters in a FPS game? Yes I know they are making Doom III .. finally.. but what other games are out there like that?

Originally posted by Lord Tirion

Whatever happened to the multiplayer shooters like Doom where you can team up with friends and hunt down creatures and monsters in a FPS game? Yes I know they are making Doom III .. finally.. but what other games are out there like that?

Half-Life...(pick a mod)

Quake III...(pick a mod)

and they are making new a version of Quake and many other popular FPSs for year 2002 so I wouldn't say they are dissapearing...

Guest Lord Tirion

Delta Force has monsters in it??

3 games out of how many gaming titles?.. I thing it is disappearing. I miss the old days of doom =P

Guest Sherack Nhar

I'm surprised no one mentionned puzzle games or graphical adventures yet. Those genres are dying.

I think the FPS market is saturated. There is TOO much FPS around, and not enough of everything else.

Guest Boba Rhett

I just picked up Serious Sam for $4.79 :D

It certainly does remind you of the classics. It gets a little to mindless though.

Isn't JO going to have CO-OP?

Guest Luke Skywalker

1)Theres 2 big FPS right now. Delta Force and Half Life they both have mods for monsters.

2) FPS with monsters are not a dying breed its just that everyone one got caught up in making Red Alert copies... then Novalogic and Sierra wen the other way and made FPS that involved military action ect.

Guest crazy_dog

Hey man, arcade is disappearing.

And thoose multi-player shooters, there are less of them but lots of people have them. Take "GoldenEye"

Archived