Home

Shy people, unite! Rhett will save us!

Guest Sherack Nhar

Guest Sherack Nhar

This thread is aimed at helping shy people like me to overcome our...well...shyness. Our therapist, Boba Rhett, will try to enlighten us the best he can.

Here it goes... My problem is that I'm too shy around girls to actually talk with them. The girl must always approach me first, and due to my legendary ugliness, it's no wonder I haven't got a girlfriend in seventeen years of living!

What should I do, doctor?

Now, everyone concerned must post they shyness problems and Rhett will show us the light (hopefully)!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Sherack Nhar

This thread is aimed at helping shy people like me to overcome our...well...shyness. Our therapist, Boba Rhett, will try to enlighten us the best he can.

Here it goes... My problem is that I'm too shy around girls to actually talk with them. The girl must always approach me first, and due to my legendary ugliness, it's no wonder I haven't got a girlfriend in seventeen years of living!

What should I do, doctor?

Now, everyone concerned must post they shyness problems and Rhett will show us the light (hopefully)!

Guest Boba Rhett

hmmm... Lets see *smokes from pipe*

Lets first address you seld confidence issue. Then we will discuss ways of aproaching a woman. :D

Your view of yourself is a rather negative one and you seem to focus on it. You must realize that everyone has a negative view of themselves but as long as you don't focus on it. You have much more confidence. Two little pearls of wisdom:

1. Accentuate the positive.

Focus on the good things about you and try to have them be more dominant than the bad.

2. Illuminate the negative.

While you focus on the good things, you must also not forget the things you think you need work on. PTC comes into play. Present Time Concioussness, be aware of yourself at all times.

When I entered 6th grade, the teacher used the fraze, "During this year I'm going to make your shyness, "bubble" go down to being paper thin." Little did I know how right he was. That year I starred in several plays and sang Elvisi's song, "teddy bear" in front of 300 people! His aproach was simple and most affective.

That approach was to, "just go for it" Force yourself to do it once and it will become easier and easier.

You dn't have to be looking for a new girlfriend to just strike up a conversation. Just start talking to them.

In my next section I will talk about way to approach, "the oppposite sex" :D

Question: Do you get flustered when you see that banner in my sig? :)

Guest Boba Rhett

hmmm... Lets see *smokes from pipe*

Lets first address you seld confidence issue. Then we will discuss ways of aproaching a woman. :D

Your view of yourself is a rather negative one and you seem to focus on it. You must realize that everyone has a negative view of themselves but as long as you don't focus on it. You have much more confidence. Two little pearls of wisdom:

1. Accentuate the positive.

Focus on the good things about you and try to have them be more dominant than the bad.

2. Illuminate the negative.

While you focus on the good things, you must also not forget the things you think you need work on. PTC comes into play. Present Time Concioussness, be aware of yourself at all times.

When I entered 6th grade, the teacher used the fraze, "During this year I'm going to make your shyness, "bubble" go down to being paper thin." Little did I know how right he was. That year I starred in several plays and sang Elvisi's song, "teddy bear" in front of 300 people! His aproach was simple and most affective.

That approach was to, "just go for it" Force yourself to do it once and it will become easier and easier.

You dn't have to be looking for a new girlfriend to just strike up a conversation. Just start talking to them.

In my next section I will talk about way to approach, "the oppposite sex" :D

Guest Sherack Nhar
Originally posted by Boba Rhett

Not at all, I just smiled when I saw it for the first time.

Darthfergie, a "lol" won't suffice :D

But people will just think I'm a desperate guy trying to find a date :(

I know I am one, but I don't want to look like one! :D

Guest Sherack Nhar

Not at all, I just smiled when I saw it for the first time.

Darthfergie, a "lol" won't suffice :D

But people will just think I'm a desperate guy trying to find a date :(

I know I am one, but I don't want to look like one! :D

Guest DarkTrooper
Originally posted by Luke Skywalker

Lol, I dont want to be in any relationship of any sort... so I could care less.... :D

cough * Homo *cough dude those are signs that chicks hate you and you are afraid to come out of the closet because of it

Archived