Home

Need help with xwing alliance!!

killerkai

I've been playing for months, and still can't beat the death star!!

ALways seem to be stuck at the place that "shoots" the crate of boxes towards the other end. I'm told to time my entering to the place that "shoots" the crates to the other side, but 2 out of 3 times i will get stuck in the energy shield and all i can do is look while my wingmen and enemies go pass me(and knock me too). When EXACTLY should i go into the thing?

Second thing, even if i DO go pass it, i will fail to destroy the reactor, if i lock on it and shoot my missiles, it will have no effect on the core. IF i do dumb fire the bottom of the core, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't... where exactly should i shoot my missles to destroy it??

thanx a load guys, dying to see the ending!!

put me out of misery please!!

Here are some tips I got from an X-wing Alliance walk through. It might help.

* Tips:

The fighters which are trailing you aren't really the problem. It's the flying itself that

poses the problem. Lot's of obstacles which can be hard to dodge or destroyed in time.

This mission will have to be played over ... and over ... and over again.

It may be a good tactic to destroy a lot of the obstacles on the primary escape route BEFORE

you enter the reaction core. That way, you'll have less difficulties escaping in time.

Once you reach the reactor, shoot 2 missiles at the power regulator (just for fun) and head

back the way you came in ... this will give you some slack while escaping. Some people

mailed me that they have difficulties taking out the core, well I find that strange. I had

to play the mission several times and I had quite a lot of difficulties, but I was always

able to destroy the core without any troubles.

Also take caution if you want to take out the superlaser lens. There will still be

laserrays in the shaft. If it hits you, you are dead.

Once the reactor is out, you should head out at a high speed (+80-85 or something),

otherwise you'll be destroyed by the explosion of the Death Star. Also make sure you head

out the right way! I once took a wrong turn, deviating from the primary escape route. I

ended up in a black void space ... and I could see the lenses of the death star weapon, but

there was no way out. I was able to keep on flying ... probably an error of some sort.

Archived