Home

Commands

StarScrap

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Is there any attack/move command to be had? It seems like the only way to get your units to move is the move command (well duh), but that makes them totally ignore anything that shoots them. I can see telling them to move and then stopping them every time they get attacked, but there seems to be a slight pause after you give them a command where they just sit. It might be lag, but I don't think so because other stuff still moves. This may not seem like a big deal, but I've had my whole force destroyed because my AA people WOULD NOT STOP TO ATTACK. Erg. Avid SC player here, can you tell? Anyway, I'll stop my rambling now and let you reply.

Problem: Your army is being attacked while on the move and it won't attack back until it has stopped moving.

Solutions:

1) Only move your army short distances at a time

2) Divide your army in half, moving half the army at a time for short distances while the other is left still to shoot at anything that comes close.

3) Capture your army/armies with the number assignments. Select the number assignment you wish to move and move them. Survey their progress constantly. At the first hint of trouble, press the number key for their assignment (if they are not already selected), and immediately right click on the closest bad guy to attack. That takes them out of move mode and they will fight from then on.

SirKai

I am not sure if this will work in the situation you are talking about, but it is worth a try.

If you sent some guys straight to the point you want them to go to and then set the majority of your army to guard the troops going to the point you want them to go to, then the guard troops will follow the troops to the desired spot and they will also attack anything that comes close to your army. Im not sure if that makes sense, but whenever I sent a monk in AOK to get a relic, I always sent a couple knights to guard him and if anything like a wolf or another player came by to attack me, the knights would attack them and follow the monk to the relic. The same thing should work in SWGB.:jawa

Guest SirBlack

Use the Patrol command. Your forces will move towards the point you specify and stop to attack anything along the way. Just make sure you pay attention so they don't end up coming back down the patrol route once they reach the end.

• 7 years later...

Don't forget about attack/defensive/stand ground stances - they can be essential when you are dealing with large groups of units. Its mainly useful switching between stand ground and defensive so they won't jump out too far if they are attacked.

Keyboard shortcuts to memorize for these are:

A (attack)

D (defensive)

M (stand ground)

Archived