Guest Thrawn

GameCube: Are YOU getting it?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. GameCube: Are YOU getting it?

• YES! It looks SWEET!
    • Maybe, it looks pretty cool. . .
    • Definately not! It's looks aweful!
    • Sorry, I'm getting/have a PS2!
    • I'm getting an X-Box cause I LIKE sucky things!

Guest Rogue15

lol nintendo was never known to drop their prices below $40...look at goldeneye, it's been out forever, yet it's STILL $40!!!

and same thing w/smash bros. it's quite annoying if u want a game that hasn't been used.

Originally posted by darthfergie

EGM (electronic Gaming Monthly) which is a highly respected magazine ,in America at least, Said that X-box would be better mainly because it has two power house games (Halo and...um something else) and Gamecube has one (Rogue Leader) They said that SSBM is besically the same as the 64 version with better graphics and Luigi's Mansion was okay, but it wasn't a powerhouse title...

Personally I think that X-Box only does good in shear power...GameCube is good in enginuity...X-Box has the online play...GameCube has the best controller....X-Box has the more violent games...GameCube has children approved games (Super Monkey Ball anyone???)...X-Box has the $300 Million dollar campaign...GameCube has the $30 million dollar campaign...

Flip a coin...heads GameCube, tails X-box...

!!!SSBM IS A POWERHOUSE!!! At E3 the top two games were 1. Rogue Leader, and 2. SSBM! And Rogue Leader is like the same basic idea as Rogue Squadron, but extra ships and levels! SAME THING WITH SSBM!!! :D :D :D

Guest Master Yoda

DarthFergie SSBM is not a clone it has TONS more charactars and levels(all the levels from the origanol look different), the graphics are WAY better than the origanol, there are 2 different single player modes, there are quite a few different mutliplayer modes, All the charatars have more moves than the org. did(ie. dodge,deflect) and the sound quality is alot better too. Star Fox has unbelievable graphics,and is a lot like Zelda.I dont mind the new look of Zelda since I play it for the gameplay not the graphics. As for you saying the X-Box is more powerful I personally could care less if I want something with hardware powerful Ill get on my computer, which would kick X-Box's butt. The GameCube is 100 bucks less the the X-box yes I know that the X-box has a hard drive and a DVD player but u have to buy a remote to use the DVD player, a lot of people already have a PS2 so they dont care if it has a DVD player. Dont tell me that the X-Box has more memory, I know it does but it is ALOT slower than the memory thats in the GameCube. Most of the games coming out for GameCube awesome. But my recomendation is that you buy the console that has the most games that interest you coming out for you.

Originally posted by Thrawn

!!!SSBM IS A POWERHOUSE!!! At E3 the top two games were 1. Rogue Leader, and 2. SSBM! And Rogue Leader is like the same basic idea as Rogue Squadron, but extra ships and levels! SAME THING WITH SSBM!!! :D :D :D

I'm in indifferent about it...I'm presenting a nuetral opinion expressed by numerous magizines world round...they say that SSBM is a total clon with a few new characters same basic moves, a few new levels and better graphics...

Rogue Leader is NOT a clone of Rogue Squadron...

1) Space is added

2) a whole NEW hud is made for this game

3) Capitol ships (larger than a Correlian Corvette) have been added

4) more ships

5) loads more options

Originally posted by darthfergie

I'm in indifferent about it...I'm presenting a nuetral opinion expressed by numerous magizines world round...

Hmm, the magazines I've read say that SSBM is going to be a great hit. Your neutral opinions seem slightly biased to me. . .

They say that SSBM is a total clone with a few new characters same basic moves, a few new levels and better graphics...

I've read that it keeps the all the fun and familiar charaters, while adding great new graphics, characters, levels, and modes. EVERY character recieves new moves, and ALL of the levels are brand new.

Rogue Leader is NOT a clone of Rogue Squadron... (Neither is SSBM. . .)

1) Space is added (ALL new levels in SSBM, not to mention that now, in 1 player mode, you go through side scrolling levels filled with enemies from the same game that the enemy character is from!)

2) a whole NEW hud is made for this game (New tournament mode in SSBM)

3) Capitol ships (larger than a Correlian Corvette) have been added (Characters are now incredibly detailed and smooth, as are other in-game objects)

4) more ships (Only the B-wing. At least 9 new characters in SSBM)

5) loads more options (Loads more here too. Also new secret modes of play available)

Still think it's a complete clone? :D I've done lots of research on it, and I think that it looks totally sweet. You can see some of the new stuff in the movies at Nintendo or IGN. (Let me know if you want the links). :D

Guest Luke Skywalker

I may be buying a GB in the new year...

1)the GC is cheaper and should be what a console costs

2)the XBOX does have better graphics but GC will be much more crisp (compare PS with 64).

3)The GC will have MANY MANY more games. XBOX has 1 game on the launch date

4) I HATE M$.

Hmm, the magazines I've read say that SSBM is going to be a great hit. Your neutral opinions seem slightly biased to me. . .

too bad...you must only read Nintendo Power...(since they switched to the 5 star system their ratings have gotten more and more biased...the Magazine sucks now...

I've read that it keeps the all the fun and familiar charaters, while adding great new graphics, characters, levels, and modes. EVERY character recieves new moves, and ALL of the levels are brand new.

yes it keeps all the characters, adding graphics, a few chgaracters, the levels while brand new are nothing to special, very few new moves(all info coming from EGM)

Still think it's a complete clone? :D I've done lots of research on it, and I think that it looks totally sweet. You can see some of the new stuff in the movies at Nintendo or IGN. (Let me know if you want the links). :D

how many times have I said "I'M NOT GETTING GAMECUBE!!!"??? think...I am basing this entire opinion on an extensive article that can be found in the latest issue of Electronic Gaming Monthly...BTW, Nintendo Power has the most unreliable opinions in the world...the new 5 star system hasmade them even MORE biased...the old system was good...it was a MAJOR factor the GameCube isn't on my wish list...they have started to overestimate games alot...in the newest issue the rated Super Monkey Ball higher than Rogue Squadron...I've play monkey ball...it sucked worse than most any puzzle game I have ever played...

[/rant]

In conclusion I am nuetral to the issue...I acctually like GameCube more than X-Box...so I don't really care about the whole thing...I research PS2 games:p

Mast tell that to EGM staff...they are usually pretty harsh to games but they are usually right...

In fact they took a poll on what game on GameCube everyone wanted to play...Rogue Leader got over 60%, Luigi next, Waverace, then Pikmin...SSBM didn't even make it on the poll because it didn't get enough votes...

Personally people I read mostly PC Gamer and my friend gets EGM, he shows me it every time he gets a new one...that is how I found this out...

Oh and by the way...

Comparison of ad campaigns

GameCube ad campaign= $50 million

X-Box ad campaign= $300 million

in other words...if you hate X-Box don't turn on your TV for the next year or two...

Archived