Home

The Real Issue On "Pay To Play"

Prince_Xizor

I play Planetarion - it's only about $5 a season (3-4 months) so that's not too bad, but I won't be paying $120 to play a game online :o

http://www.planetarion.com

you control a planet, your goal is to find asteroids (metal, crystal, eonium) with which you build ships which allow you to go attack other planets and steal their roids rather than paying for them through your resources.

It's been on the go for 5 full seasons now it's quite fun, but it tends to get dominated by alliances, so if you go on your own you could be in trouble. Our galaxy was in the top 25 for the first 3 weeks :( then we kept getting attacked and losing our roids.

Xizor is right. Until you've played a game like Everquest or Ultima Online, you have no right to bash pay-to-play.

I will never have as much fun playing a game as I've had playing UO for four years. Honestly $10/month is not that much. Hell, it's cheaper than gas, so carpool a couple times a month and you've got it set ;). But seriously... online games (when made right) are the most enjoyable games out there, and the developers deserve some extra $$$ to pay for their outstanding game and their continued support and development.

Archived