Home

Lord of the Rings!

Juztyn

Oooo, I can't wait! The first of the Lord of the Rings movies will be out in only 23 days! I, for one, am looking forward to it!

You can find more information here:

http://www.theonering.com

Or on the official site here:

http://www.lordoftherings.net

Mmmm.. Finally, a good fantasy movie.. not counting Willow, which is coming out on VHS/DVD this tuesday! Woot! icon_smile.gif

Anyone else have any random movie thoughts? icon_smile.gif

Juztyn

Administrator, SWOnline.org

I, for two, am looking forward to it! Willow was definitely the last good fantasy movie,

and Conan the Barbarian's a classic, but

I've heard the soundtrack to LOTR...it's ok but not very groundbreaking. It kinda sounds like a Titanic/Braveheart hybrid, but without any powerful moments. Too hollywoody for me.

My only other worry is that the director is the same guy who did "Frighteners", and that movie was, well...gay. From the trailers though, LOTR looks awesome and I think maybe the director is finally doing something he always wanted to do, so he's really putting his heart into it.

Very sharp looking site, BTW.

Guest Anonymous

yesh, I have been looking forward to Fellowship of the Ring for quite some time and I can't wait the remaining 20something days!

it looks so l33t!

You know, as much as I portent to be rather well read, I've never actually picked up Lord of the Rings. A scary thought indeed. I'm not sure why, I guess my interests strayed more into Science Fiction. I did at least read The Hobbit, so I guess there is some hope for me yet. I'm torn now. Should I read the books before the movie comes out and potentially spoil the experience, or should I wait and then read them later. Decisions, decisions...

I'd definately read the books first. It will give you a better context to put the movies in.

Just try to get through the first third of Fellowship of the Ring without quitting, it starts off very boring.

I like sci-fi I guess, but most of it is too depressing for me to handle.

Yah i would reccomend reading the books..well truthfully the only reason i read them was i wasforced to. That series was a class book in 6th grade! I liked it after all though. Im going to see that and episode 2 riht when it comes out! jodo we gotta get tickets or that ahead of time! icon_biggrin.gif

Found this at the SWG forums:

http://www.chud.com/reviews/lotr.php3

Great review of the movie! (Sorry i don't know how to make a link)

It got a 9.6 out of 10...not too shabby. After reading it all my fears were cast aside. Now to get my advance tickets for Dec. 19!! Can't wait...

Oh and don't worry it doesn't spoil anything.

Kahj

"The bud not the beer cuz the bud makes me wiiiizer"

Archived