Home

HP Printer problems

TheJackal

I just bought a nifty Hewlett Packard phosomart 1115 printer. However I CAN GET THE DAMNED THING TO WORK! That said I'll tell you my problems.

When WinXP finds the new hardware (connected by USB so it will run it right away) the installation wizard pops up. Then I insert the CD that cane with the package and point the wizard to search into it for the drivers. However once installed I keep getting a warning icon at the bottom of the screen that the connection is lost.

I tried everything. Drivers off the net, drivers off the CD. drivers off WinXP (the ****ty ones that come with the OS).

NOTHING WORKS. I also checked the wires however those are fine since I just tested that cable on an other printer.

what did I miss? What do I need to do?

well, the first thing i am going to say would is to follow the directions. but i am going to take a guess and say that you are probably smart enough to do that (i know some people that would never bother with the directions, *looks at self* :D). if you followed the directions and it still doesnt work, call the manufacturer and see what's up. you can even go to the hp website and try their help forums. i had to go there one time to figure out how to switch some jumpers to turn off my old video card on my old computer. great help. quite detailed. so, if after following all of the directions, and it still doesnt work, call hp and complain. heck, if you complain long enough they will probably give you a new printer and new everything...

Archived