Home

Tech prob

Joshi

i don't know weather to put this under tech problems or what because this is about MI2, not MI4.

but anyway, i recently bought the monkey island bounty pack, MI2 being the only game i hadn't played before. i completed it, but for some reason throughout the entire game, it didn't have any music like MI1 did. MI1 & MI2 were on the same CD, but only MI1 had backround music, MI2 didn't. what should i do!?!:(

Hmmm, usually if it is a computer or disk problem both games won't have music but if only one game? Have you tried restarting your computer? Sometimes the sound doesn't work until you reboot. Or maybe try switching from MI1 to 2 and see if only one game has music. The sound effects still work eh? Just not the music...very interesting....

• 3 weeks later...

Considering it's been a month since the original message was posted, I'm not sure if you still need help with this problem...

But check the DOS drivers of your sound card. MI1 and MI2 are both DOS games, and as such, requires the proper DOS drivers for the game to work correctly. Windows at times will try to simulate the correct drivers, but it doesn't always work.

So, see if your sound card comes with DOS drivers. If not, you'll have to search on the web (check to see if they have their own website first) for a driver for it. Once you find one, make sure it is loaded into memory as a Soundblaster or AdLib compatible sound card, then the sounds should work.

• 1 month later...

actually i do still need help, only i didn't think anyone was posting as it didn't tell me anything in my user panel, why, i don't know. anyway, i have windows ME and i only have MS-DOS prompt, would that be a problem as i have had problems with that before because games needed the original dos. i don't think it's my souncards fault. hang on... okay just tried in dos anyway, the game worked, but the sound didn't. what do i do?

Again, you'll need to look for DOS drivers for your soundcard. Check the manual for your soundcard to see if it has anything regarding DOS drivers. If not, look for a website or contact number for the soundcard manufacturer, and ask them about DOS drivers, as well as how to implement it.

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by Neil Joshi

actually i do still need help, only i didn't think anyone was posting as it didn't tell me anything in my user panel, why, i don't know. anyway, i have windows ME and i only have MS-DOS prompt, would that be a problem as i have had problems with that before because games needed the original dos. i don't think it's my souncards fault. hang on... okay just tried in dos anyway, the game worked, but the sound didn't. what do i do?

Hi, you need to RESTART in DOS mode, it IS possible and it works very well, all you have to do is replace io.sys with the one on the boot disk ME makes and vola you can go to dos by setting the variable in msdos.sys (BootGui=0).

-Daniel

Archived