Home

GBA Backlight Modification!

Boba Rhett

As some of you may know, the GBA is quite a neat piece of machinery but it does have its downfalls. The biggest by far is the lack of a backlit lighting system. That means that in order to see the screen, you have to get a bright light to reflect off of it. That's a big hassle. The reason Nintendo decided not to include a back light was because it cut the battery life down to about three hours. I don't know about you but I would have gladly put up with having to buy batteries a bit more frequently. They could of even included some sort of switch were you could choose to use it but, alas, they didn't.

There is hope still left my friends. These great people at http://www.portablemonopoly.com have created a modification for the GBA that turns it into a backlit system! They are soon going to start selling these mod kits to the general public. You have to have some general knowledge about soldering though, as well as enough nerve to dig into a one hundred-dollar investment. :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Originally posted by Boba Rhett

As a matter of fact, the're only taking pre-orders right now. Not selling them. :p The lik-sang site says May 20th the PM site says May 10th. I'm just going to order the mod and hope I don't mess my GBA up. :D

Oh, right. Sorry for the confusion. Well, it's close enough! I may just as soon get the mod rather than get a new GBA.

Archived