Home

Steelers Update!

Heavyarms

The large amount of pro-Steelers people here confuses me. The Steelers aren't exactly a widely known team (at least I assume not) compared to the more famous ones like the Eagles and the Giants and Cowboys. Is there anyone actually from Pittsburgh that is talking about Pittsburgh or am I dealing with fair weather fans that I loathe?

PS Hines Ward is my favorite. The first year he played (99?) I went down to training camp and got a large portion of the team to sign a Steeler's shirt I had (that was quite a feat!). Hines was the first guy to sign my shirt so he became my favorite. I also had a brief conversation with Fu. He tried to steal my Sharpie. That may have been the high point of my life.

Guest SlashAndBurn

Ahhhhh...the day of truth draws upon us. Dont worry...if i see any Steelers fans crying at a bar I'll buy them a beer, all in good sport and not at all to rub in that the PATS WON...but I'm getting ahead of myself;)

I'm a diehard Pittsburgh fan! I've lived an hour north from downtown for all my life (well, except when I was in college!) I love the Steelers, the Pirates (i know, it hurts sometimes :( ), and the Penguins.

No matter what comes, i.e. the Pirates, I will always love those teams! No fair-weather fan here!!! Pitt all the way! :D

although, I don't share the 3 different steeler thread starting enthusiasm as my counterpart AU_Heavyarms ;)

Just teasing Heavyarms! :p

Guest Mal *Nexsis*

I'm also a diehard Steelers fan...I've lived all over the east coast...so I was always within driving distance...its was nothing for me to drive 9 hours to see the steelers play...so even though I've never lived in Pittsburgh, I've ALWAYS been a steelers fan

Originally posted by Nute Gunray

what town/village/collection of huts?

I live exactly 27 miles north of Pittsburgh. That translates to about 45 minutes.

Dude, 45 minutes to travel 27 miles? Is that all dirt roads ;) ?

I live just north of Sharon, PA which is about 65 - 70 miles north but all freeway (I80 & I79 ) which takes me about an hour to an hour and a half depending on traffic, oh and smokies on patrol ;)

You've got the advantage of 79 and 279 though. you can go 65 (legally speaking) most of the way with little interruption. I have lots and lots and lots of lights in my way and no direct route. :D

I know where Sharon is, but I have been that way in a while so i'm not exactly sure.

oh and if you think 27 miles in 45 minutes is bad, it takes me 24 minutes to travel 10.3 miles to work. ;)

Originally posted by Nute Gunray

You've got the advantage of 79 and 279 though. you can go 65 (legally speaking) most of the way with little interruption. I have lots and lots and lots of lights in my way and no direct route. :D

I know where Sharon is, but I have been that way in a while so i'm not exactly sure.

oh and if you think 27 miles in 45 minutes is bad, it takes me 24 minutes to travel 10.3 miles to work. ;)

You live in Butler right? That's about a half hour from me. But you must live where 422 becomes light after light, huh? otherwise I thought 422 to 79 would be rather quick.

okay Heavyarms, this is for you: The Steelers are gonna stomp the pats this sunday! Bettis will be back in the game, Fu and Zereoe to back him up. And of course Kordell playing smart football to Ward and Plexico. It's gonna be a cakewalk. Afterall, the Patriots won on a bad call, they didn't deserve to get this far! :)

captain_drake I got you beat. Houston TX. Long time steeler fan, used to live in Beaver PA. (N of airport for thoses that don't know ( no the town name isn't a joke ;) )

Go Steelers, Pen's & Pirates!!!!!

Steelers 27 Pats 6.

Phil 24 Rams 21

stat of the day re: steelers game...... #1 D

stat of the day re: Ram's game....... Phil has not let a team score more then 21 points all year!!

D wins Superbowls

& to Nute Gunray, The Steelers are one of the top 5 favorite football team in the states

Thank you for listening.

(PS thank you George Lucas)

Archived