Home

Just got my hands on an X-box...

Guest Tie Guy

Guest Tie Guy

...controller ;) And quite literally.

I went to my local wal-mart and they had a X-box demo there. I started playing. It was an Oddworld game (i think that was what it was called) It had good graphics, but nothing special or better than the ps2 though. I also noticed it was very dark, but i assume that was just the game. On a lighter note (no pun intended), the game did not freeze, but i only played it for like 5 minutes.

But the thing i was most concerned about was the controller. The first time i tried to grab it my hand slipped right off (no joke!). The thing is a horrible pain to hold, and doesn't fit your hand well. This thing dwarfs even the n64 and Dreamcast controllers, and must be at least twice the size of the ps2 ones. It does have several buttons, as many as the ps2, but they are very close together, and i found myself often accidentally pushing 2 buttons at once. Also, the top 2 buttons (white and black) as not very easily accessible, at least, not a quickly as i would have liked. The huge thing had three directional pads, but i found that the d-pad on the left was almost impossible to use, as it was so far down and you lost your grip on the actual controller. It would be very hard to play an entire game on the d-pad, i think.

I'm not sure how many of you have played one of these, but if you haven't, and you are thinking of buying one, don't get one until you have felt the controller. You might find that it is extremely difficult to play, and would ruin some good gaming expreiences. So, just remember, try before you buy!

The rumours about the X-box crashing often (I myself saw a picture online of the X-Box crash screen) is just propaganda from fans of PlayStation2 or GameCube.

I bet someone who works at one of the stores put in a DreamCast, PlayStation, an empty CD or whatever just to get the error screen.

Archived