Home

Need help from all u Christians

Guest crazy_dog

Guest Boba Rhett

Never heard of them but this is what I found. Hope it helps you. :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An Act of Contrition

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

O my God, I am heartily sorry for having offended Thee, and I detest all my sins, because of Thy just punishments, but most of all because they offend Thee, my God, Who art all-good and deserving of all my love. I firmly resolve, with the help of Thy grace, to sin no more and to avoid all of the near occasions of sin. Amen.

Doxology (Glory Be)

Glory be the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Ghost. As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be; world without end. Amen.

Guest Bifficvs
Originally posted by Boba Rhett

Never heard of them but this is what I found. Hope it helps you. :)

An Act of Contrition

O my God, I am heartily sorry for having offended Thee, and I detest all my sins, because of Thy just punishments, but most of all because they offend Thee, my God, Who art all-good and deserving of all my love. I firmly resolve, with the help of Thy grace, to sin no more and to avoid all of the near occasions of sin. Amen.

Doxology (Glory Be)

Glory be the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Ghost. As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be; world without end. Amen.

That's one of them....I think there are a couple variations on the Act of Contrition, I don't remember the other one, though...same with the glory be.....The one I know (the main version):

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen (usually said during the rosary and is the standard glory be)

If you really want to impress your teacher, give him/her in addition, the version used during the Liturgy of the Hours/Daily Office

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and will be forever. Amen.

I'm not sure about the Acts, but the Glory Be's are accurate as I gave them.

Guest Toothless-OMO

Well, I am not sure but maybe these are more Catholic in their form.

As for the Christian aspect of it all. The only thing that makes one a Christian is trusting in Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior for the forgiveness of your sins.

No denomination, or religion can make a person a Christian. Christianity is Not a religion it is a relationship with God through His Son Jesus Christ.

Not sure if that really helps, but hope it sets you in the right direction.

Toothless-OMO

BTW, I understand the Doxology as this:

Praise God from whom all blessings flow

Praise Him all creatures here below

Praise Him above you heavenly host

Praise, Father, Son and Holy Ghost. Amen

Not a "Glory Be" In sight!

Archived